Acrobatics Task

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Epsilon

Re: Acrobatics Task

Post by Epsilon »

Indeed. I'll probably make a test area for that as well.

I've got the baseline for the falling damage test done - I just need to figure out how to change the GMSTs to cover the maximum range with minimum testing and get the "series" out there. On the bright side of things, falling damage isn't random - the equation for it, whatever it is, should pop out almost immediately.

Hopefully, I'll get the stuff done tomorrow or the next day. <_<
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

Remember, I's still here, I can collect data points as well if the frame rate doesn't matter.
wintry

Post by wintry »

Hello, here is a plugin file I used to collect fall damage data. The scripts are quite clumsy, but they are fully automatic once you activate them and output data to 'MWSELog.txt' file. So you can perform any number of tests without extra effort as long as you have time.
The plugin requires MWSE to run and MWEdit alternative editor to compile the scripts. All script names have "Test" as a prefix. Read MWSE manual for information on ifx construct.
Attachments
TestCell(Acrobatics).zip
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

If somebody wants extra computational resources for Eureqa Formulize, DulvluSpa may help with server: http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=927 .
Talk amongst yourselves to see how it could be most useful. Speaking of which, how much would I help in setting up the server for Eureqa Formulize?
wintry

Post by wintry »

HiPhish wrote: Acrobatics: According to the manual and the UESP, Acrobatics <...> and how steep the slopes can be for you to climb.
By modification of player's acrobatics and a bridge's angle and trying to pass the bridge I've reached a conclusion that you can only climb a slope if its angle is less than 46 degrees regardless of your acrobatics level.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

wintry wrote:
HiPhish wrote: Acrobatics: According to the manual and the UESP, Acrobatics <...> and how steep the slopes can be for you to climb.
By modification of player's acrobatics and a bridge's angle and trying to pass the bridge I've reached a conclusion that you can only climb a slope if its angle is less than 46 degrees regardless of your acrobatics level.
Did you modify all the GMSTs involved with acrobatics? There is the base term and the multiplier which are most important. What about athletics?
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Tarius wrote:
wintry wrote:
Did you modify all the GMSTs involved with acrobatics? There is the base term and the multiplier which are most important. What about athletics?
I actually tested this independently, in almost the same way (I used ghostfence pieces,) and got exactly the same answer. I could've sworn I posted that... <_<

I was running it on one of my modified acrobatics sets, so I think this is pretty much a "hard limit." As for athletics, I figure that's outside the scope of the Acrobatics task. ^_^

I promise I'll get something posted one of these days. I need to find time, download something that'll let me edit MWSE scripts, and actually sit down and -do- it. Part of me doesn't want to require people to have MWSE to do testing though... I dunno. I like Wintry's idea, but I also kinda like a more sedate pace of testing. xD
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Ah, well if you did it independantly and came up with practically the same thing, its probably right.

This is one value I would be in favor of changing though. I always thought it kinda dumb you couldnt go up a certain slope even though though it really appeared you should. An increase of 10º or so would probably do it. Although I am not the one to decide to change things here.
Nandorianen

Post by Nandorianen »

Tested some theories. Pretty loosely, though. Still.
Fatigue mult affects jumping power. Again, set fFatigueBase to 1 and fFatigueMult to 0 to exclude it from tests.
Race height and weight do not affect jumping power.
FJumpAcroBase is some base jumping power. If you set it to 1000, you will jump by ~400 with other default GMSTs.
FJumpAcroMult multiplies with skill, but in a weird way. If you set it to 1, you will not get 400 jump with 1000 skill, you'll get over 3 thousands, IIRC.

FJumpEncumbranceBase and FJumpEncumbranceMult are acting weirdly.
With fJumpAcroBase = 1000 and 0 skill jump height:
0.5/1.0 = ~400 (Default);
0.0/0.0 = ~35;
0.0/1.0 = ~240/120;
1.0/0.0 = ~240/240;
1.0/1.0 = ~600;
1.0/2.0 = ~600/600;
2.0/1.0 = ~1275/875.
Format: EncBase/EncMult = Jump height/height with 50% encumbrance.

So. Increasing this numbers increases jumping power. EncBase is just some weird multiplier. EncMult is used with encumbrance, of course. With 0 encumbrance it is equal to effect to EncBase, but encumbrance% (ranging from 0 to 1) is subtracted from it. Also EncMult >1 only negates encumbrance effect, but with 0 encumbrance it is no better than EncMult = 1. I'm guessing that player have some kind of fixed weight (not defined for race in CS, it's actually width there). So you constantly move down with speed Y. When you jump, you gain some velocity to counteract it. But if you jump twice as strong, you will not fly twice as high, because your jumping power is absolute and gravity is fixed. That's why jumping power for EncBase = 1 and EncBase = 2 does not vary by 100%. Also acceleration and deceleration are not instant (are they?). Also framerate rounding errors. So we can't actually get correct formula out of this without viewing .exe directly.

It gets much easier with falling damage.

Fall Damage = (Falling Distance - fFallDistanceBase) * fFallDistanceMult * (1 - (Acrobatics * (fFallAcroMult / (1 + fFallAcroBase))).

Please confirm.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

without viewing .exe directly.
I don't know why we aren't using that straight way. Theoretically:
1) If I was not agreed the EULA (if I was not install the software or run it) or any other document, that forbid me to disassemble
2) If I didn't get any money from disassemble
3) If I will not use the code of Morrowind in any other software.

Which laws are violated?

Oh, and you're already reverse-engineer the code (making some tests), moreover, using the MWSE, external program, that modifies the Morrowind code :)