OpenMW 0.11.1

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Zini

OpenMW 0.11.1

Post by Zini »

Another attempt at release. Hopefully not failing again.

As far as I can tell the launcher is working now. But considering how fiddly the whole situation is, we definitely need some more testing before we can release. But if no further problems come up, I will merge the launcher changes into the master branch and then kick of the release process again.

I also made some minor adjustments to the readme file. I suck at writing end-user documentation, so if someone wants to look over it that would be okay with me. But let's not make this matter delay the release any further.

You may have notice that the version number changed into 0.11.1. We already have a 0.11.0 tag and what happens kinda counts as a botched release (even if we didn't completely go through with the release process). That should justify the .1.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.11.1

Post by raevol »

This may be a dumb question, but if you can point me to the readme, I will definitely look over it.

I can test a Linux build as soon as it is ready.

And I will be waiting to do my release manager duties! Will there be any additions to the changelog that we were going to use for 0.11.0?
Zini

Post by Zini »

This may be a dumb question, but if you can point me to the readme, I will definitely look over it.
It is in the repository, but GItHub also displays it on the project page: https://github.com/zinnschlag/openmw (scroll down).
Will there be any additions to the changelog that we were going to use for 0.11.0?
Nope. just bug-fixes.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I've been looking at NSIS packaging but I'm going to hold off that until I'm sure it'll work, Windows users will probably have to stick with 7z archives for this release.
I tried playing a bit with CPack but it refused to run for some reason, I'm hoping to look into that later on.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Windows users will probably have to stick with 7z archives for this release.
That was the plan. We only need the installer for 0.12 but then it will be mandatory.
I tried playing a bit with CPack but it refused to run for some reason, I'm hoping to look into that later on.
That definitely needs to be addressed. Eventually. Creating an installer separately by bypassing cmake/cpack sounds like asking for trouble.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:It is in the repository, but GItHub also displays it on the project page: https://github.com/zinnschlag/openmw (scroll down).
After the installation OpenMW needs to be told where to find the Morrowind data directory. Create a text file named openmw.cfg (location depends on platform) and enter the following line:

On Windows you a suitable location for the cfg file is alongside the binary. Currently the binary release comes with such a file pre-generated, but you still need to adjust the data setting.

Thanks to DokterDume for kindly providing us with the Moon and Star logo (remove newline)
used as the application icon and project logo.
Stuff in red could/should be removed. Also, there's a few TODOs in the file but I am sure you are aware of that.
Zini

Post by Zini »

*gah* Should have seen that myself. Was too much in a hurry. Thanks.

About the TODOs: Yes, I am aware of them. For some of them input from the platform-maintainers is required. At least one of them we should investigate regarding filling in content automatically during the build stage. And for the rest, nobody got around to do it yet.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Looks like this is all the test coverage we will get. Okay then. I merged the launcher branch and will initiate the release process now.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

This is exciting, the first public release in a long time. Let's hope we can wrangle in some new blood with this. :D
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I should read this more carefully. :oops: