HUD modification

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
Anatol

HUD modification

Post by Anatol »

Hello. I'm new to modding. And currently I'm trying to figure out is there any way to modify how magic effects on my character are displayed. When I'm fighting in PVP it's very hard to tell what effects did my opponent put on me just by looking on a very long line of buffs and debuffs of all kind. And also I'd like to see when some of my buffs are going to wear off just by looking on screen (instead of counting seconds in my head).

So what I need is to display certain buffs and debuffs separately from others. Would be cool if I could see tooltips instead of icons so I can tell for example how much % of vulnerability to magic or elemental damage i've got on me and when it's time to purge this away. And it would be just great if I could separate buffs from different sources so I can hide my passive buffs and debuffs (which I don't need to track) and focus only on temporary effects.

Is it possible? I found some .xml and .layout files in tes3mp\resources\mygui folder. openmw_hud.layout probably is what I need. But it seems I can only change some skins there and move and resize HUD elements around the screen. And I found no manual for this on the internet.