OpenMW 0.48.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
FXN55

Re: OpenMW 0.48.0

Post by FXN55 »

So, I started using RC9 (Linux build) about a month ago, in spite of my aversion to have both a stable install (v.47) and a release candidate on my computer. To 'psi29a', the issue I was having in v.47 with objects not showing up in-game got sorted. I was able to get them locked in and RC9 has been functioning mostly worry-free. I did notice one issue with dragging topic infos in the table when you have an open record. If you have anything in the script text box of the open record, it somehow gets overwritten with a neighboring record when passed through by dragging or something. I'm not sure what happened there. I didn't notice it until later when I went to trigger the topic in-game and got a different response than the one expected. Reordering records works fine when you close it and move them with right click->move up or move down.

But that's not why I'm here.

Yesterday, I went to add a content folder in the Data Directories tab of the launcher. Added it in fine, dragged it up to where it needed to be and then went to the Content Files tab. Now, here's where it gets tricky: I went down to the Content List selection box to change lists because I noticed when switching lists from one and back, it gets rid of the green highlighting of newly added content. I'm quirky, I know. So, anyways, I changed back to my desired list...and the only content available are the three project mods in my .local/share/openmw/data folder and one content file from the Morrowind folder. No Morrowind.esm, Bloodmoon, nothing. In spite of what the launcher.cfg says below:
Spoiler: Show
Does that look right to you? It looks sort of buggered up to me. Damn thing's got me frustrated. I'm really not keen on adding and sorting all of my content, 66 folders...well, 65 because 'Wigs and Things' is still there, again. What's ironic is that I rarely utilize the wig shop. I only keep it in there because the wig master is a hot Redguard. But I digress...

I've also noticed this when running the CS:
Spoiler: Show
The defaults.bin is the one located in the same folder as the launcher, the CS and the game shell scripts, correct?

Also, a question about content additions: Is it still necessary to manually add them to the .cfg file? The Data Directory tab handles that, right?
Last edited by FXN55 on 15 Jun 2023, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Thank you for the feedback FXN55, we'll try to validate what's going on. If you'd like to join us on discord we can have perhaps are more responsive chat and get things sorted.

https://discord.gg/openmw-260439894298460160
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Another round of RCs if you please, all our regressions/blockers on the issue tracker are clear. So depending on what we find, might be the last.

OpenMW 0.48 RC 11:

macOS M1: https://mega.nz/file/actl2BqR#c58lLnTdu ... qas_-ev6ws
macOS Intel: https://mega.nz/file/aUckjYCL#Um4S3AYR8 ... qas_-ev6ws
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Added those links to the blog post.
FXN55

Post by FXN55 »

psi29a wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 20:48 Thank you for the feedback FXN55, we'll try to validate what's going on. If you'd like to join us on discord we can have perhaps are more responsive chat and get things sorted.
Thanks for the reply and I'd love to come over to Discord to discuss the finer points...but, I got it sorted by matching the jumbled launcher.cfg to version 0.47's file then deleting a few of my content lists and rebuilding a single working one. I may have played a part in the problem by not having everything set up properly, I'm not sure. Long story, short: I'm deep into putting another mod together and am having too much fun.

Just one thing though, I remembered why I was changing content lists in the dropdown selection box. It cancels out the NEON green color that appears after you add a new content folder. When you go to click the checkbox for the .esp or .omwaddon, the check mark can't be seen. If you guys could change that, it'd be great!

As an aside, RC11, huh? I think I'm falling behind.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Windows RC11 build;

64-bit (PDBs)

The Flatpak beta branch has also been updated.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Added those to the blog post, too.
willlone

Post by willlone »

The link for RC11 macOS Intel requires a decryption key to open, because of that I am not able to download the file. Just a heads up in the assumption that that was unintentional.
Last edited by willlone on 22 Jun 2023, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

willlone wrote: 22 Jun 2023, 18:00 The link for RC11 macOS Intel requires a decryption key to open, because of that I am not able to download the file. Just a heads up in the assumption that that was unintentional.
Thanks, updated :)
willlone

Post by willlone »

Hmm... I am again getting this same error when trying to open RC11 (MacOS Intel) on my Catalina 10.15.7 system. All I have done is downloaded the app from your link here, added it to applications and this happens when attempting to open.

Sorry, I am not sure how to post the entire error report without taking up 15 pages of this forum, so here is what I assume to be the highlights. The last line includes the text "which was built for Mac OS X 13.0." Does this mean that my current system will not support the app? I can post more of the code here if it is helpful -- I just want to make sure this error won't effect the official release on my system. Report below:

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: __ZNKSt3__115basic_stringbufIcNS_11char_traitsIcEENS_9allocatorIcEEE3strEv
Referenced from: /Applications/OpenMW.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libyaml-cpp.0.7.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 13.0)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib