Disposition fix not working

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
byzod

Disposition fix not working

Post by byzod »

I search the forum and found no one reported it, the wiki page said it's fixed
I wonder if it's me did something wrong :/
Disposition fix. When talking to someone while under the effect of a personality increase that would push disposition over 100, extra disposition could be lost when the effect expired. This should no longer happen.
Say, I use Fortify Personality 100 to a merchant with 70 disposition and after the trading it decreased to 50

I tested on game without mod (only 2 dlc) and a fresh new save, it reproduced

Steps:
  • 1. Check the debug mode (skip character creation and set spawn point), set spawn cell: Balmora, Guild of Mages
  • 2. Add a script for it to run after start, content:

Code: Select all

player->AddItem "Gold_001" 99999
    player->setspeed 200
    player->setmagicka 500
    player->setwillpower 500
    player->addspell "Charisma"
  • 3. Start the game from openmw, talk to the spellmaker downstairs, create a 100Charm spell that fortify 100 personality on self for few seconds
  • 4. Talk to a trader nearby, persuade him with 1000 gold or so to increase his/her disposition higher than 50 and lower than 100, for example 70
  • 5. Cast your 100Charm and talk to the trader before the effect wear off, buy anything from him (purchase spell is not working, only physical trading counts, for example potions)
  • 6. Wait few seconds until the 100Charm spell effect disappeard, talk to the trader again

Actual result:

The disposition of trader drop to 50

Expected result:
disposition drop back to 70

Any help? Did I break something?
If it is a bug, is there any makeshift fix I can do now, before it really fixed?

Info:
Game: morrowind GOTY version on steam
Openmw: 0.49.0 (Rev: f135cd19bd)