Issue with delta-plugin when installing graphics-overhaul with portmod

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Eldy

Re: Issue with delta-plugin when installing graphics-overhaul with portmod

Post by Eldy »

Also some stuff was installed when I run portmod openmw merge -uD @world:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\olivi>portmod openmw merge -uD @world    
Calculating Dependencies…
Done!
These are the packages to be installed, in order: 
[ R] arch-towns/rr-lighthouse-tel-vos-1.4.1 USE="-gitd"
[ d] arch-towns/tyddys-necrom-1.0
[ d] base/tomb-of-the-snow-prince-2.2.2
[ d] landmasses/tamriel-rebuilt-22.11.02
Total: 4 packages (0 updates, 0 new, 1 reinstall, 3 removals),
bmw

Re: Issue with delta-plugin when installing graphics-overhaul with portmod

Post by bmw »

Having to override portmod.conf makes sense, and points to the profile not working. I tried it myself and with an empty profile and that config file it didn't cause any exceptions, but you're probably missing some important configuration which might cause the packages to not install correctly. The fact that it downloaded the delta-plugin archive is interesting, as that must mean some part of the profile is working properly it it set the platform_win32 use flag that's required for that to happen.

I cleaned up some of the profile code and added a profile debugging tool, so maybe that will help or at least provide some more insight into what's wrong. I'm going to release a new version, probably tomorrow, as there hasn't been a release in a while.
Eldy wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 15:13 Also some stuff was installed when I run portmod openmw merge -uD @world:
I meant the first time, assuming you ran that before anything else. I wanted to know if there was anything in the set of system required packages, which might indicate that at least part of the profile was working properly. Running portmod openmw query list @system would be a better way to check that though.

It's also worth noting that it sounds like portmod is working reasonably well now with WSL2, which might end up being a better option on Windows (see here, though I don't know much of the details of that yet). Setting that up is probably going to have some extra steps, but maybe it's something you'd be interested in playing around with rather than waiting on this getting fixed.