Regarding LAND Records...

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
JohnnyRings524

Regarding LAND Records...

Post by JohnnyRings524 »

Hello! This is a rather technical question, but I'm not sure if this thread is in the right place, so feel free to move it if need be. This isn't exclusively an OpenMW-related question either, its more so about TES' engine in general.

I've been working on a personal project for a while that involves reading through Oblivion's ESM files and interpreting their data in C#. My question is, how does the engine associate LAND records with WRLD and/or CELLs? The LAND records in Oblivion hold the actual terrain geometry data from what I can tell, but unlike TES3, they don't contain coordinate information. They also contain no references to a worldspace or cell (again, from what I can see anyway), so I'm completely at a loss here when it comes to bridging the gap between them.

I've also been using the OpenMW codebase as a reference, trying to see how it's done here (since OpenMW supports TES4 formats now). But C++ can be rather horrendous to navigate, and I can't really find where the association takes place there either.

So, to reiterate, how does Oblivion associate LAND records with a worldspace or cell, and how does it get proper coordinate information to be placed in the world?

Thanks to anyone who can help, and I apologize again if this is the wrong place to ask.