mod installation automation

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Pogzy

mod installation automation

Post by Pogzy »

Hi all,

Is there any way to setup many mods without installing them one by one. I know Mod Organizer and Modding-OpenMW.COM but does sb know a way to automate donwloads and installs of so many mods.

I don't know if it is possible to download mods from Nexus with only file ID for a free account. Because if yes or if the mod files are somewhere with a fix url, it could be possible to create a Mod Organiser plugin (python it seems) to set some mod lists (such as the ones defined on Modding-OpenMW.COM). By this way it could be possible to set a complete mod list and to install them in an automated way.

Please tell me if you know a way to install many mods easily?

May be I am totally wrong, if yes, just explain why it does not seem possible?
AnyOldName3

Re: mod installation automation

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Wabbajack exists, and at least in theory, it should be able to automate the installation of one of the lists from modding-openmw.com into Mod Organizer 2, and then you could just run the MO2 export plugin and have everything Just Work™. All that should require is someone copying one of the lists into the format Wabbajack uses, but no one's bothered doing that yet. Some kinks in how everything works might be discovered in the process, but should be relatively minor, and easily fixable.