tes3cmd improved

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
eddie5

tes3cmd improved

Post by eddie5 »

This is John Moonsugar's tes3cmd 0.40-PRE-RELEASE-2 from https://github.com/john-moonsugar/tes3c ... er/tes3cmd with the following hacks by me:
- it will accept files with the owmaddon extension now (hopefully I got all the checks)
- the clean command will accept --ignore-type and --ignore-id and NOT clean those particular things. Multiple types and/or IDs can be specified.
John released this under the MIT license (q.v.).
tes3cmd.zip
(77.71 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
eddie5

Re: tes3cmd improved

Post by eddie5 »

This version I've semi-fixed the "active" command / flag and also made it accept omwaddons and omwgames. Having done so I decided it now identifies as omwcmd rather than tes3cmd - "It" is still its preferred pronoun ofc ;)

This means you can do things like:
$ omwcmd clean --active
To clean all the plugins your .cfg would load (& only those).

$ omwcmd active
will list (full paths to) active plugins.

What doesn't work:
the --on / --off flags to the active command are not implemented (doesn't seem worth it, use the excellent launcher).
Windows. I don't know how to find your .cfg if you're on Windows, sorry. It should work if you change the
die "I don't know how to find OpenMW on Windows yet!\n";
line to:
$checkdir = "PATH_TO_FOLDER_WITH_OPENMW.CFG";

Enjoy!
omwcmd.zip
(77.72 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

tes3cmd is an awesome utility for Morrowind. It was how I was able to search through all the trapped containers/doors when I was trying to make the thief and trap expansion mod (still incomplete/unpublished). It works VERY well for Morrowind, and would be a nice addition if it includes openmw files

That being said, I thought that openmw did not need cleaning (perhaps I am wrong)

ST - The guy who has been wrong before
eddie5

Post by eddie5 »

There's cleaning saves and then there's cleaning mods. This won't handle .OMWSAVE files well. They're a different format than anything it knows.
You can see what the loadlist of a save is with "dump --type tes3 SAVEFILE", but it'll be somewhere in the middle of a vast sea of error messages and that's about all this tool can do with OMWSAVEs. But it's great for cleaning mods and for weird queries - I've used it for things like finding all the potential companions in my loadlist or all the cells containing respawning vampires in the vanilla Morowind.esm. Also the "modify --replace" functionality and ability to diff mods I find super useful.
TheGhostHybrid

Post by TheGhostHybrid »

Hey there! I know it’s been a few years, but I’d love some pointers here. I put omwcmd in /usr/bin, but I’m thinking I may have missed a step somewhere because it is not pulling up my openmw.cfg at all.

1) Which directory do you have omwcmd saved in?
2) Does it need to be registered in PATH?
3) Which directory are you running omwcmd in?
4) Are there any lines/variables/paths I need to edit in the file?
TheGhostHybrid

Post by TheGhostHybrid »

TheGhostHybrid wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 08:37 Hey there! I know it’s been a few years, but I’d love some pointers here. I put omwcmd in /usr/bin, but I’m thinking I may have missed a step somewhere because it is not pulling up my openmw.cfg at all.

1) Which directory do you have omwcmd saved in?
2) Does it need to be registered in PATH?
3) Which directory are you running omwcmd in?
4) Are there any lines/variables/paths I need to edit in the file?
Okay, after sleeping on this for a bit and coming back, I answered my own questions.
1) /usr/bin is definitely correct
2) Either no, or a reboot solved it
3) Same as tes3cmd
4) Yes, actually. I changed line 6812 from

Code: Select all

if ($plugin !~ /\.(es[mps]|owm(addon|game))$/i);
to

Code: Select all

if ($plugin !~ /\.(omwaddon)$/i);
and that finally seems to be doing the trick for me. Since I am keeping tes3cmd installed for .esp/m/s files, this is fine for my usage. Still, thanks for posting this for everyone! 💜