Cannot run client, no error

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
hauffen

Cannot run client, no error

Post by hauffen »

Wondering if anyone can help with this issue. Was previously able to play with no issue, but now I'm unable to even run the client. Running the client from either the TES3MP server browser, OpenMW launcher, base TES3MP EXE, or the base OpenMW EXE results in the same issue of the game window opening, and immediately freezing. No loading screens, just white window with no audio and with no error messages. The client remains unresponsive until I close it, but does not throw any error message, logged or otherwise, regardless of however long I let it run. Issue persists with a fresh install of Morrowind with all local files cleared, a fresh installation of TES3MP with local files cleared, a fresh installation of OpenMW with local files cleared, configuration files for OpenMW in the Documents folder cleared and reinstanced through the wizard, and throughout multiple different paths on different drives. There were no mods installed on the game nor the server, and I've tried everything that I can reasonably think of and search for, so I'm at my wit's end here with this. Below is a picture of the error as shown using the TES3MP EXE to show the full log generated. If it matters, I'm running a GeForce RTX 3080 and an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

hauffen

Re: Cannot run client, no error

Post by hauffen »

After a lot of troubleshooting in the Discord server, it appears the issue was the SDL_GetWindowGammaRamp() call.

This was resolved by updating Windows, much to my surprise.
davidcernat

Re: Cannot run client, no error

Post by davidcernat »

This was a problem with running OpenMW that had nothing to do with TES3MP specifically. In the future, please check if you can run OpenMW itself first.