"HD Cinematics for OpenMW" on OpenMicroWave (Android)

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
MrPrivateEye

"HD Cinematics for OpenMW" on OpenMicroWave (Android)

Post by MrPrivateEye »

The "HD Cinematics for OpenMW" mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46482/) doesn't seem to work on Android. I replace the .bik files in Morrowind/Data Files/Video, but they do not play. The opening cinematic is skipped when I click New Game. I simply load into the boat with Jiub. The vanilla .bik files work and play just fine. Does anybody know about this? Is there a known fix?
AnyOldName3

Re: "HD Cinematics for OpenMW" on OpenMicroWave (Android)

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If you get cinematics without using that mod, then there's likely something in your log that explains what's gone wrong.
MrPrivateEye

Post by MrPrivateEye »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 13:24 If you get cinematics without using that mod, then there's likely something in your log that explains what's gone wrong.
It says "[18:34:33.508 *] An error occurred playing the video: [18:34:33.508 *] No streams to decode[18:34:33.508 *]". Unfortunately, I don't really know what to do with this information.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I'd guess that might be caused by something like the video files actually being empty, e.g. if something went wrong when copying them.