OpenMW 0.48 bug? - Arkngthad - Centurion Spheres and Ghosts Don't Attack

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
pierreangelique

OpenMW 0.48 bug? - Arkngthad - Centurion Spheres and Ghosts Don't Attack

Post by pierreangelique »

Hi, has anyone else experienced this on the .48 build? I am experiencing this on a fresh install with no mods. I assumed it was a bug, but a user on reddit says they are not experiencing this, so I want to confirm with others and ask for possible advice on what the issue could be.

In Arkngthand dungeon, first dungeon quest given by the blades:

-Centurian Spheres roll around but don't attack

-Ghosts cast 1 spell and then don't move.

-Other enemies (spiders and humanoids) do attack; in general enemies attack normally, it was only when I got to this dungeon that I noticed this

-Possibility the issue could be more global, I have only tested in this dungeon

The issue seems to be particular to OpenMW 4.8. I downgraded to 4.7 to test and had no issue with enemies attacking.

I am wondering if others experience this problem as well?
LoneWolf

Re: OpenMW 0.48 bug? - Arkngthad - Centurion Spheres and Ghosts Don't Attack

Post by LoneWolf »

openmw 0.48 is a moving target that tends to get new commits almost every day, which revision are you encountering this with ?

Centurion Spheres & ghosts should only be found on Land's Blood Gallery and Deep Ore Passage , if you see them on higher levels something is wrong (or changed by a mod ).

Centurion spheres seem to have as very limited area where they detect you will ignore you if you're outside that area.
Do they attack if you are standing directly in their path ?
pierreangelique

Re: OpenMW 0.48 bug? - Arkngthad - Centurion Spheres and Ghosts Don't Attack

Post by pierreangelique »

I found out it was a bug, something to do with the casting animations. It was posted to the github issue list and fixed in the most recent nightly. I downloaded the most recent nightly and it is working normally again now.