Mods not showing in Data Files

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
prichie

Mods not showing in Data Files

Post by prichie »

Hi,
i think this project is awesome. The Idea is great and the settings work wonderful.

But I dont seem to get mods to work. I am on an Arch linux system. I installed openmw with 'sudo pacman -S openmw'.
My morrowind installation comes from steam.

I launched openmw and followed the setup wizards instructions.
I created a folder '~/games/OpenMWMods/Patches' and extracted the patch 'PatchForPurists' from nexus to this folder.

Path:
/home/me/games/OpenMWMods/Patches/PatchForPurists
Folder content:
me@meHome PatchForPurists → ls

BookArt 'Patch for Purists - Book Typos.ESP'
Docs 'Patch for Purists.esm'
Icons 'Patch for Purists - Semi-Purist Fixes.ESP'
Meshes Textures

In the openmw.cfg at ~/.config/openmw folder the last lines look like this:

fallback=Moons_Masser_Fade_Out_Finish,10
fallback=Moons_Script_Color,255,20,20
fallback=General_Werewolf_FOV,100
encoding=win1252
data="/home/me/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Morrowind/Data Files"
content=Morrowind.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
data="/home/me/games/OpenMWMods/Patches/PatchForPurists"

I saved the file, clicked the import button in Data Files, closed openmw, put the data strings in different places, but the mods and patches never show inside openmw's Data Files tab.

I know of the strange quotes stuff (cannot remember their name), but they look good to me. I guess, because I could not find anything about this, I am missing something, but I cannot find the problem. Maybe anyone here sees what I am doing wrong.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, me
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-06-28 00-15-20.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-28 00-12-41.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-27 23-59-57.png
prichie

Re: Mods not showing in Data Files

Post by prichie »

Well, I don't know if It was a simple restart, or running the openmw-validator tool. Its working now.
If this post gets 5 replies with the content of 'useless' within the next 24 hours, I will delete it.

Thanks
R
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Did you have any OpenMW-related processes running when you made the edit to the config file? The launcher in particular can do weird things if the config files are changed while it's alive, and we've had a lot of users be surprised recently that it doesn't reflect external edits until it's restarted.
prichie

Post by prichie »

Hi, thanks for the reply.

After the launcher was showing the mods for a short while they were gone again from the list. Restarting the launcher after editing did not help.
I will try to figure out, whats running in background after closing the launcher and post here, if I do so.

Still I find it great, when developers target linux systems too. Currently I my mods showing up after a system restart and when it works, its quite straight forward installing mods with openwm.

Thanks for the help,
R