Bow enchanting is broken

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
MagpieMcGraw

Bow enchanting is broken

Post by MagpieMcGraw »

Bow enchanting is broken. When I put a bow in the enchanting interface, the type of enchantment switches to "Cast When Used". When I click the "Cast When Used" button, it won't switch to "Cast on Strike" and the button remains highlighted. This issue doesn't seem to affect melee weapon enchanting.

I first noticed this issue when I installed 0.46. I've installed the latest build of 0.47 a few minutes ago, and the issue is still there.
Capostrophic

Re: Bow enchanting is broken

Post by Capostrophic »

This behavior is intentional (it replicates the vanilla behavior), you're not supposed to enchant the bow on-strike, you need to enchant the arrows instead.

Edit: ok, well, specifically disallowing you to enchant bows is a fix from MCP, but ranged weapon on-strike enchantments don't work in vanilla anyway so the point stands.
MagpieMcGraw

Post by MagpieMcGraw »

Wow, that's a bummer. I noticed that fortify health was reverted too, in 0.45. Are these improvements ever coming back to the game? Maybe as an option in the launcher?
Acrytex

Post by Acrytex »

Wow who ever thought to implement a BUG from the vanilla Morrowind as a feature is an idiot! We were happy that the bug was finally fixed now you ruined it. My save file is completely fucked i had so many weapons i enchanted that are useless now wtf is wrong with you people. Either put 46 back up for download or fix the downgrade in 0.47. What a disaster. I dont understand how someone could decide " Yea you know that bug we fixed? lets implement it as feature because this is Morrowind and shit isnt supposed to work" Please someone give me a copy of 46 back i hate this bullshit update. You morons are so focused on shaders and faggy shit and youre ruining the gameplay. Someone tell me how to fix this myself since you're all a bunch of clowns who want this game to stay BROKEN! FFS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

@Acrytex:
if you want anyone to take you seriously, then I suggest that you refrain from the behaviour's you've shown here: https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?p=72137#p72137 and here: https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?p=72138#p72138

Please update them to be more civil or they will be removed and your account banned. This kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

You all are... extremely tolerant of this and other similar childish, toxic behavior. Just again expressing my great appreciation for the countless hours of work the devs have selflessly invested over the years to benefit the Morrowind/TES community, entirely for free.
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

I didn't realize you needed to enchant the arrows
in the vanilla game

that is a pretty small difference
between bow and arrows,

it even sounds like it is naturally balanced
the way it was designed originally
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

Nerevar wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 13:17 it even sounds like it is naturally balanced
the way it was designed originally
Except that you can buy enchanted arrows in the vanilla game, thus it's definitely a bug rather than balance.
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

If someone else doesn't want to wait for the dehardcoding you can apply this patch to re-add on-strike ranged enchantments: https://github.com/darkbasic/openmw/com ... aec0355133