save-syncing between linux and steam deck using luxtorpeda and steam cloud sync

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
gretel

save-syncing between linux and steam deck using luxtorpeda and steam cloud sync

Post by gretel »

hey all! I just got my steam deck a few days ago and the first thing I did was install openmw. It runs beautifully except for a couple difficult-to-address controller problems but I'm not worried about that.
I'm trying to set it up so that I can auto sync my save file between my linux desktop (pop!) and my steam deck. I am currently able to launch the official Morrowind game through Steam using the latest openMW engine, which is a neat feature supplied by the community-built compatibility layer called Luxtorpeda I think. As it's using the official Steam game for assets and whatnot it is a verified Steam cloud saving game according to Steam, and is allegedly uploading my saves from each device. But I've tried making a new save file on each device, and neither is visible from the other. I'm wondering if maybe Steam is saving the directories of each game in a different place and it can't find them to sync them up or something. Or maybe there's an existing software out there that will let me do this outside of Steam. If anyone has any advice I'd be super grateful!