Can Addons delete instances? OpenMW-CS 0.47.0

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
niconosave

Can Addons delete instances? OpenMW-CS 0.47.0

Post by niconosave »

New To the forum and OpenMW here, please have patience.

Recently I got myself an Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS Instalation and decided to install OpenMW, after installing a lot of mods I found there were more than one conflict between them, and just as an exercise I decided to try and solve these conflicts with OpenMW-CS, And when I did I found some weird stuff.

I have 3 Mods that I want together, Docs for Balmora, Balmora from n'wahs & mushrooms and Aesthesia Groundcover, these are mostly cell modifications and since the Balmora Mod moves buildings around you end up with grass floating in mid air.

So I decided I'd just make a new Addon that depends on those 3 and remove the weird grass, and other stuff, but after doing so I found something weird:
the load order,BalmoranDocs_plusGrass.omwaddon is where I removed the weird grass:
Screenshot from 2022-06-02 10-51-45.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-02 10-51-45.png (29.59 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
(edit: I got the order wrong in the screenshot, the Grass WG.esp should be one place up so as to not modify the terrain from the docs mod.)
this is from the editor=>
Spoiler: Show
this is from the game=>
Spoiler: Show
you'll see some floating grass, NOW, I can confirm that the addon was loaded because I didn't just delete stuff I also added stuff, and that was loaded into the game, I also can confirm that the grass from the second image is from the Grass WG.esp that I deleted at the last addon.

So what do you think that happened here? My theory is that since the addon requires the Grass WG.esp mod it added all of that stuff and also added all of the stuff from the addon, which means that some instances were duplicated since I didn't delete them but just moved them around.
Is this a bug I should report? or maybe my editor and openMW are not the same version? (I checked) or maybe that's just not how addons are meant to be used! it was my fault for doing weird stuff with em. OR maybe it's an expected error, it's too early in the alpha, the devs will get to it eventually, just a missing feature.

BUT also! I tried loading that same setup and making it a omwgame file, and when I loaded that file it appeared just like it looks in the editor, but sadly I can't use the omwgame because it duplicated instances at random, like the dunmer at the intro of the game, the "wake up, stand up" guy, and all of the tooltips in chargen popped up twice.
niconosave

Re: Can Addons delete instances? OpenMW-CS 0.47.0

Post by niconosave »

little update, I booted from windows and tried doing the same thing from the consturction set, and the same thing happened. T-T it seems like you can't delete things from esps, only add.