Save migration from android to linux, version mismatch.

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
KaletheQuick

Save migration from android to linux, version mismatch.

Post by KaletheQuick »

I would like to migrate my saves from PC to Android and vice-versa. However there was some version mis-matching and I am having difficulties.

The latest 'nightly' build of the android apk thinks it is version 0.48, while the nightly for a linux build is 0.47, and no desktop build for 0.48 seems to exist.

I don't know what happened here, how the android guy got a build from the future or whatever, but is there a way to save my save games? Does a lot in the save file format change from version to version? Could I potentially hack it and make it think it's a v0.47 save, open it on my desktop, save again to be sure, then go grab the v0.47 android build? Or tweak a setting in the desktop one so it thinks it's v0.48?

Thank you for your assistance. I'm very glad to have found all this OpenMW greatness. I feel like a kid again!
LoneWolf

Re: Save migration from android to linux, version mismatch.

Post by LoneWolf »

TL;DR : the nightlies are 0.48 versions

The ubuntu ppa and archlinux aur development versions do indeed list 0.47 as version number, but followed by a commit or date tag.

If you start them and look at the load/save etc opening screen, you'll notice it shows 0.48 .

The real openmw version is in CMakelists.txt which currently shows

Code: Select all

set(OPENMW_VERSION_MAJOR 0)
set(OPENMW_VERSION_MINOR 48)
set(OPENMW_VERSION_RELEASE 0)
The nightlies probably use the git tag from upstream repo, not the value in CMakelists.txt .

About savefile formats:

In https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/issu ... _849023403 I posted a short table which saveformats have been used in which stable versions.

I checked and it seems openmw master is now at saveformat 21 .