Saving the persistent flag in an esp does not work

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Fail

Saving the persistent flag in an esp does not work

Post by Fail »

Hello,

I'm currently modding the game with the "Total Overhaul" list. There's a bug in one of the mods, Samarys Ancestral Tomb Expanded, so I tried to fix it with the openmw-cs.
Here is the bug report and what I did to fix it (Fail == Schinkennudel)
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45612?tab=bugs
Ticking the persistent flag on the corpse does not get saved. I've also tried to change the gold amount, right above the persistent flag entry, and this did get saved.
So I wasn't just dumb enough to save my changes and thus I'm relatively certain it's an openmw-cs bug.
I've already googled to see if this bug has already been reported but couldn't find anything. I don't have a gitlab account and no experience with it, so I want to confirm if it actually is a bug here first.

Edit: I'm using openmw 0.47.0 stable release with the cs that ships with it
AnyOldName3

Re: Saving the persistent flag in an esp does not work

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The OpenMW CS removed the persistent flag from edited activators when saving until fairly recently, but it's been fixed since 0.47 by https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/issues/6017, so works if you use a recent development build.

That said, it's unlikely that setting the persistent flag will solve the problem you're seeing. It just tells the original engine to keep the reference in memory instead of reloading it from disk each time you visit the cell, not whether or not to clear the object after a month. OpenMW itself doesn't even load it, hence it being broken in our CS for so long.
Fail

Re: Saving the persistent flag in an esp does not work

Post by Fail »

Ah, I see. Thank you for your clarification.
Would have been too easy :D
I will edit my post on nexus so other people don't waste their time trying out my "fix" :lol: