Looking for help with a multiple rings mod

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
SatyrIX

Looking for help with a multiple rings mod

Post by SatyrIX »

One of my favorite little additions the MCP added was the ability to wear 2 rings with "constant effect" enchantments and one ring that had a "cast when used" enchantment. However I've switched to pretty much exclusively using OpenMW to play Morrowind. I was wondering: how would I go about making a mod that would allow player characters to wear 3 rings (or perhaps even more?)?
DestinedToDie

Re: Looking for help with a multiple rings mod

Post by DestinedToDie »

I understand that in the post 1.0 dehardcoding armor and weapon slots will be dehardcoded, so you can add extra stuff like claw weapons and 10 rings. Unless you're willing to wait for that, you'll have to modify the engine itself.

Of course, there is a small hacky workaround. Just make a ring that goes into the belt slot, or the amulet slot, or the often unused skirt slot.

Btw you could always use 1 constant ring + 1 cast on use ring. I think the developers intentionally limited players to only 2 ring slots because having something like 2 constant rings + 1 cast on use ring is overpowered.
SatyrIX

Post by SatyrIX »

Thanks for the answer, I guess I'll just have to wait then.
epik

Post by epik »

Any News on this yet? :?: :?: :?: