Benchmarks / Hardware Specs

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Capostrophic

Re: Benchmarks / Hardware Specs

Post by Capostrophic »

The code that would have to be added is shader visitor support for parameter map autodetection and some shader code.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Capostrophic wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 20:26 The code that would have to be added is shader visitor support for parameter map autodetection and some shader code.
Is that tricky or difficult to figure out how to add in to the base code? Or is it simple but very time consuming?
Couldn't someone just copy code that has already been written to support PBR and just paste it into OpenMW's base code?
mammuthus

Post by mammuthus »

Hello guys. I have some performance concern and would like to know is it normal or not.
I have MacBook Pro 2021 (14") with M1 Pro (the simplest version)/16Gb RAM and macOS Monterey.

Game resolution: 1352x845 (windowed)
Detail: Trilinear filtering, x8 Anisotropy
Water Shader: on, Low quality
Lighting Method: shaders comp., Max Lights: 32
Other options are default

I came off the boat and got 20 fps when I'm staring at Seyda Neen from a pier and about 30 fps in the town.
This is the first time I run openMW on M1 CPU, so not sure is this okay or not.
wazabear
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/glassmancody.info

Post by wazabear »

> Lighting Method: shaders comp., Max Lights: 32

This is waaaaay too high for that mode, unfortunately since you're on a Mac you can't use other lighting option as of yet. If you have per pixel lighting enabled that's going to be even worse for you. Set that back down to 8 and go up from there.
mammuthus

Post by mammuthus »

Well I set Lights to 8, switched off water, set AF to x4, switched off all shadows (in start launcher) and got... 35 fps instead 20.
This is a bit confusing for me, because I've found a video where some guy got 50 fps in fullscreen mode on 2020 Air with M1.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Fullscreen often performs better then windowed, have you checked fullscreen perf ?

Is async physics enabled ?
see https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... ysics.html