CI failed due to FFMPEG not downloading

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
hapythecoder

CI failed due to FFMPEG not downloading

Post by hapythecoder »

When I run the command through git bash shell inside the repo it fails when trying to download FFMPEG.

FFmpeg 4.2.2...
Downloading ffmpeg-4.2.2-win64.zip... Failed!
AnyOldName3

Re: CI failed due to FFMPEG not downloading

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The guy who's been providing FFMEPG builds to the world for years stopped doing it a few days ago. We've not found a replacement yet.
hapythecoder

Post by hapythecoder »

Ah cool thanks! Please let me know when its fixed or if there are alternate ways to build it. Just joined the discord too. Will check for updates often :)
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 16:19 We've not found a replacement yet.
Can we just host used dependencies on OpenMW site to do not rely on 3d-party sources?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

That's probably what we're going to go for, but we also need to either build and package the dependencies ourselves or find a new source for them. The usual way to use FFMPEG on Windows was to use Zeranoe's builds until a few days ago when he shut down his service.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I was thinking that perhaps it isn't such a bad idea to have our own gitlab repo to handle our dependency issues. Enable LFS and we get to handle our own versioning. It would also save us from having to host deps from downloads.openmw.org like we've been doing for MacOS.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It's my understanding that FFMPEG only had the Zeranoe link a few days ago, and only just added replacements. Either way, what we're saying here is just rehashing what we've already discussed on Discord.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

korreckj328

Post by korreckj328 »

psi29a wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 13:38 Jup, done: https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw-deps
Hey, new user that just started looking at the code, and I can confirm that this works. I downloaded from your link, popped them in the deps folder and everything built and runs.