Resist magicka not negating boots of blinding speed

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Deepdark47

Resist magicka not negating boots of blinding speed

Post by Deepdark47 »

I'm using version 0.46.0 and tried to use the resist magicka effect for boots of blinding speed but when i wear it, it still gives me 50% blindness even though my resist magicka is at 100%, is this a bug or intentional? If its intentional, i wish for there to be an option to turn it off because it's really making me not enjoy the game
Loriel

Re: Resist magicka not negating boots of blinding speed

Post by Loriel »

I don't see any such problem, and don't recall any similar problems in the past.

I use master, or something close to it. I typically play a breton, where the racial 50% magic resistance makes the boots useable, though not ideal. I just reloaded a recent game, with an altmer, and saw no problem. That character has a spell with 100% resistance,and 2 seconds duration, and I had probably used that spell before equipping the boots.

One potential cause is that as I recall 0-duration spells in OpenMW have no effect, whereas they did in vanilla Morrowind. If you are using a 0-duration spell (or enchantment) then OpenMW will ignore it.

Loriel
akortunov

Re: Resist magicka not negating boots of blinding speed

Post by akortunov »

Deepdark47 wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 10:47 tried to use the resist magicka effect for boots of blinding speed but when i wear it
Make sure that you cast your resistance spell before you try to equip boots. Effect resistance is calculated only once on both engines - when you equip an item.