OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Ace (SWE)

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Ah sorry, set up everything to do the new builds, and then the build automation failed and I haven't had time to look at it due to the ongoing situation.

I'll trigger new builds manually for now.
Equinox

Post by Equinox »

FPS won't go above 60, even though the limit set is higher. Latest nightly. Anyone having the same?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Just switched the nightly source, now the downloads will be based from the systems that I help maintain instead of the other computer club at the university. Hopefully this means better availability.
The current nightly builds are done with the new OSG 3.4.2 packages, unfortunate the CI script isn't quite ready yet, so some additional DLLs seem to have snuck in alongside the builds, but that will be fixed for the future nightlies.
caiuscosadesonlyfans

Still having issues w/ MOP on latest nightly

Post by caiuscosadesonlyfans »

I read that an issue causing flames on torches to not appear when using the Morrowind Optimization Patch was fixed in the past few days on the nightly branch, but I reinstalled the nightly yesterday and again today but I'm still having that issue. Any obvious reason this might be happening?

Edit: I believe this is the commit containing the fix. I've seen a post on reddit saying building from source fixed this for them, is there any reason this commit wouldn't have made it into the x64 windows nightly release that's available right now? I'd rather not setup git on windows if I don't have to.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Git would be the least of your worries. Anyhow, nightlies have been broken for a while, but Ace is on the case.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

The nightly builds are actually running just fine, but they've been on fixed commits for a while as I was dealing with some issues with the build system - and building/testing different OSG versions.
I think I'll unlock them again though, as I should be done with that testing for now.

Have some hardware lined up to take to task for delegating whole thing - instead of running the builds on my own machine, but the current situation has put those plans back quite a bit.
The hosting system has been replaced though, (with one that I'm maintaining myself) so all the issues due to broken storage nodes or failing web servers shouldn't happen any more.

On an unrelated note
Tub6

Post by Tub6 »

Just wondering if I should download the latest release even though I updated from .45 on Jun 13th witht hte latest nightly. Are there any differences between the builds?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

0.46 has dropped... why not use that? :D
Tub6

Post by Tub6 »

Yeah sorry my question is was there a difference from the penultimate build and the new drop?
lysol

Post by lysol »

Actually yes, there is an important issue if you want to use 0.46.0 instead of the nightly. The save game format has been improved a lot in the nightlies thanks to akortunov. This has the side-effect of new saves being incompatible with older versions of OpenMW. Old saves can be used in new versions, but not vice versa.