1.6 Patch on Mac

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
naranjero

1.6 Patch on Mac

Post by naranjero »

Hi, I'm trying to get OpenMW patched with the official 1.6 patch on a Mac. I was able to get the steam version of the game installed and running, everything is very smooth and I'm super excited to play Morrowind again! So a big thank you to everyone who put in work on this project.

I had about a billion mods on my old Windows version of the game but never Tamriel Rebuilt, so I decided now I will finally play it, but it requires the 1.6 patch which I am unable to use on a Mac. How would I go about fixing that? Can I patch the Morrowind.exe on a Windows machine and then bring it back over and copy/replace the one on my Mac? Or does the patch effect more than just Morrowind.exe?
silentthief

Re: 1.6 Patch on Mac

Post by silentthief »

naranjero wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 20:24 Hi, I'm trying to get OpenMW patched with the official 1.6 patch on a Mac. I was able to get the steam version of the game installed and running, everything is very smooth and I'm super excited to play Morrowind again! So a big thank you to everyone who put in work on this project.

I had about a billion mods on my old Windows version of the game but never Tamriel Rebuilt, so I decided now I will finally play it, but it requires the 1.6 patch which I am unable to use on a Mac. How would I go about fixing that? Can I patch the Morrowind.exe on a Windows machine and then bring it back over and copy/replace the one on my Mac? Or does the patch effect more than just Morrowind.exe?
I assume that you are referring to the morrowind patch project version 1.6 here, but I am pretty sure that the morrowind patches are not OpenMW compatible. I am not a dev, and I would ask one of the devs to be sure.

ST the unsure
naranjero

Post by naranjero »

No, sorry for the confusion, but not the Morrowind Patch Project. I need the Bloodmoon 1.6.1820 patch from the Bethesda website. http://patches.bethsoft.com/
Time4Tea

Post by Time4Tea »

OpenMW doesn't use the Morrowind.exe file, it is a replacement for it. It just uses the data files. As long as you have the data files installed and OpenMW, you should be good to go.
naranjero

Post by naranjero »

Time4Tea wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 22:57 OpenMW doesn't use the Morrowind.exe file, it is a replacement for it. It just uses the data files. As long as you have the data files installed and OpenMW, you should be good to go.
Ah thanks! Just went ahead and tried it and it works.
magamo

Post by magamo »

As an aside, the Steam version of Morrowind is fully patched with the latest 1.6 bloodmoon patch from Bethesda.