Ready assemblies

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
srvr4vr

Ready assemblies

Post by srvr4vr »

Are there any ready-to-use assemblies with graphic mods? I went to modding-openmw.com and got lost, I’ll rather get old before I bring the game to a sane state)) Maybe someone made a good selection before me?
AnyOldName3

Re: Ready assemblies

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Most mods don't have permissive enough licences for other people to repackage the mod as part of a bundle. Mod authors like it when people know that they're using their stuff, and that can't happen if it all gets thrown together into one bundle.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I'd really like that too... pity that some modders don't release their works under more permissive licenses. I wrestled with this too when going through some pretty big TC (total conversion) mods. Those things are huge and most of the time the licenses or original author's permission wasn't asked for. I spent 3 months tracking down people only to find out that a 1/3 (third) of the content in the TC was actually 'legal' while the rest was either a very bitter modder or a modder who is dead and there is no one that can claim authorship to change their license.

Perhaps someone would like to take up the charge there and create pre-made mod packs that does follow the licenses?
srvr4vr

Post by srvr4vr »

It is possible and not a ready pack. I just need a list of mods that more or less make a consistent visual.