Duel Wielding Mod

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
LegoManIAm94

Duel Wielding Mod

Post by LegoManIAm94 »

Hello,

I am a Morrowind modder who has been working on getting my mods to work in OpenMW and even in Linux (Wine).

I have made an update to my Duel Wielding mod which is not ready for release. This mod allows you to convert weapons to shields. The problem I am having is when you have two or more of the same weapon in your inventory like two silver longswords, when you equip one of the silver longswords a message asks you to convert the weapon and you click YES it will reject it since the mod does not allow you to convert a weapon unless only one of the weapon is in your inventory. This is needed to ensure it removes the correct weapon.

However when I do this on OpenMW, when I drop a silver longsword and try reequipping the silver longsword again, no messagebox appears asking to me convert the weapon. This does not occur in the official Morrowind engine.

To my understanding, this has something on how local variables are handled in OpenMW compared to the official engine.

Please help me, I want to contribute to the project by getting my mods to work in OpenMW.
Attachments
Dual Wielding alpha 1.1.7z
My mod with OpenMW compatibility so far
(16.09 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
LegoManIAm94

Re: Duel Wielding Mod

Post by LegoManIAm94 »

This is no longer a issue after testing this mod in nightly build 2019-11-24.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Duel Wielding Mod

Post by psi29a »

Great to hear. Thanks.