I own MW but can I download with no PC???

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
josephbarness

I own MW but can I download with no PC???

Post by josephbarness »

I own Morrowind on Steam. As in I already am a legal Morrowind owner. I have no computer of my own though. I am not a tech savvy person, I was not tech savvy enough to run Windows Steam on Wine. [I have an Android S6 but my computer died over a year ago.]

Question: Should I consider buying Morrowind on GOG? Could I download it directly to my phone without requiring a computer if I had GOG Morrowind?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice.
Jodiwe

Re: I own MW but can I download with no PC???

Post by Jodiwe »

Now that does seem like quite a nice challenge. I'm sure it's at least possible, as it's been done on the Raspberry Pi.

Moderator edit: suggesting illegal means of acquiring a copy of intellectual property must be avoided.

I'm still going to look into how to run steamcmd through Qemu on Android, but it may not be easy to reproduce.
Jemolk

Re: I own MW but can I download with no PC???

Post by Jemolk »

That might indeed be difficult to do with Steam. Steamcmd is a thing, but it may not be the easiest to run on Android, based on what Jodiwe said above me. I have no idea what to do about that, I haven't dealt with Steam in ages honestly.

I do know, though, the GOG offline installers can be downloaded to anything with internet access and a place to store them, so that should work. You'll need something to extract the files from the installer, though. A quick web search shows an application called Inno Setup Extractor is available on Android, and it should work, since it uses the same thing I used to extract the files from those exact installers on Linux Mint.