OpenMW-CS: Ability to make markers in the world for beta-testers

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
lysol

OpenMW-CS: Ability to make markers in the world for beta-testers

Post by lysol »

This suggestion comes from petethegoat on the MMC. I'm just posting it here so that it won't get lost in a chatroom only handful of people from around here read.

The idea is that beta testers (QA folks) should be able to hit a key to mark a point ingame with a messege for the editors using the CS to see. It could be presented as a list so that they can get to work immediatly. Sounds neat imo.
silentthief

Re: OpenMW-CS: Ability to make markers in the world for beta-testers

Post by silentthief »

Isn't this how the beta comments work in original Morrowind?

Not saying that that is a bad idea, I do think that we should have some kind of way to mark the map as well as make a note associated with that mark. (Just was wondering if we supported beta comments or if this is to replace beta comments)

(edited for clarity and to add this: I remember using beta comments in Morrowind for my own note system when I was trying to make my own land masses. This proved to be a little clunky. I would find something that I wanted to change in game and then make the beta comment saying something like "fix the corner of cell at 3, 2" or something like that. Then I would exit the game and check my notes while in the CS to find things that I wanted to fix.)

ST the commenter and editor