Silt Strider Bug

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Draculestia

Silt Strider Bug

Post by Draculestia »

Hi all,

Just got OpenMW up and running yesterday after much procrastination (not that it's particularly difficult or anything) and I've been enjoying myself so far. Unfortunately though, I ran into a bug just a short while ago where attempting to fast travel via a Silt Strider (the one in Balmora more specifically; I haven't tried one elsewhere) is causing the screen to fade to black and remain black while only the UI remains. I did google this issue and found that one person from around 6 years ago had the same issue and was suggested to download the Code Patch, Morrowind Patch Project etc, but of course, that person having the issue wasn't using OpenMW. I did try downloading the Patch for Purists just for the sake of it, but that didn't change anything.

Has anyone using OpenMW encountered this issue and know of a solution, and if not, would anyone have any ideas as to what's causing it or how I can go about diagnosing this?

Big Thanks,

Draculestia
Draculestia

Re: Silt Strider Bug

Post by Draculestia »

Alright, so I'm fairly new to this stuff but I decided to try the Silt Strider after launching without certain mods to find which one was causing it by process of elimination. Turns out that it was the Better Balanced Combat mod, specifically 'Better Balanced Combat Effects Module.esp' and nothing else. Glad I managed to work this out for myself.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Do you know if this module had any issues in the original Morrowind? It is worth looking into to see if this is something that is only an issue in OpenMW or not. If this is only an issue on OpenMW then it should be added to the bug tracker and investigated

ST
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Can be the same bug: https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/issues/4639
In this case it should be fixed in 0.46.