NCGD lua port

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
johnnyhostile
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/hristoast

NCGD lua port

Post by johnnyhostile »

Hey folks,

I've been working on this for a while and the core of it is finally ready for general use - I give you a lua port of NCGD for TES3MP:

https://github.com/hristoast/ncgd-tes3mp (Sourcehut mirror)

What works:
  • "Natural" growth and decay of attributes, levels, and skills. You level up as your skills and attributes increase, no sleeping required.
  • Customization of attribute modifiers, as well as which skills affect which attributes. The README has more detailed configuration information.
What's TODO yet (in the order I plan to work on things):
  1. Health tweaks found in NCGD_Health.
  2. Show level progress in the GUI.
  3. Some other optional features, such as decay acceleration on player death.
  4. Commands for manually recalculating attributes or skills.
  5. I'd like to port some of the NCGD add-ons and companions that are out there, such as MBSP and CarryOn. Maybe as optional features for this, or as separate mods.
Since the mastery effects aren't required to allow attribute and skill values over 100, I decided to omit all functionality related to that. As server config options they could be set to anything by the admin/owner.

Please give it a try, I appreciate any feedback whatsoever. Big thanks to Greywander for making the original mod
davidcernat

Re: NCGD lua port

Post by davidcernat »

Great job.
johnnyhostile

Post by johnnyhostile »

After a lot of testing and a bit more work -- all planned features are now implemented along with some performance optimizations. Please check out the README for full details, let me know any questions, and enjoy!
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Although I'm not into multiplayer, this sounds amazing. Great work, johnnyhostile! :)
dragondeathlord

Post by dragondeathlord »

Are Vampires and Immortal creatures calculated Appropriately ? 8-)
johnnyhostile

Post by johnnyhostile »

Atahualpa wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 14:42 Although I'm not into multiplayer, this sounds amazing. Great work, johnnyhostile! :)
Thanks!! And to be honest, I'm not normally into multiplayer either!

But after making this (and a few other TES3MP mods/scripts) and putting together my own server just to see what the scripting scene has to offer, I've realized even in an "alpha" state TES3MP has a lot of fun and unique experiences available for all players. Not to mention the potential for zero client plugins is nice. I plan to write a more detailed post about this in the future, specifically playing TES3MP solo (as an alternative to a heavily modded solo OpenMW run through).

Props to David, Konrad, and all the folks who work on and contribute to TES3MP!
dragondeathlord wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 17:20 Are Vampires and Immortal creatures calculated Appropriately ? 8-)
The MWscript version of NCGD has no special handling for Vampires (or any other type of creature), so my port should behave the same way. I haven't tried this yet and plan to, but if you beat me to it and notice a problem please let me know! :D
claudekennilol

Post by claudekennilol »

There are a number of issues posted both on NCGD's thread here and on the nexus page, have any of those been addressed or is this a direct port?
DudewithPizza

Post by DudewithPizza »

Hey there, thanks for all your great work. I have an issue though. Your script says it can raise attributes/skills up to the server's cap however on my server we can't seem to raise our skills past 100. In the server config we have it set to 200. I just want to confirm it works past 100 for you and others.