[Solved] rebirth meshes still used without rebirth?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Raelcari

[Solved] rebirth meshes still used without rebirth?

Post by Raelcari »

Hey, first post on this forum, so please be kind!
I had a marker error in Black Shalk Cornerclub, and my log says that
Spoiler: Show
The thing is, the only contain_pot_01.nif is in my rebirth/meshes folder, and I ticked off MR (the main and all its addons) for this particular playthrough. My question is why its models are still being used...?
AnyOldName3

Re: rebirth meshes still used without rebirth?

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Did you just deactivate the ESP/ESM without deactivating the data directory? Just deactivating the plugin file won't completely deactivate the mod. Any new locations or quests or weapons etc. will be missing from the game, but mesh and texture replacers will still be active.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Rebirth uses the pluginless replacer method for its mesh replacements. It's particularly annoying because it also causes compatibility issues with province mods like Tamriel Rebuilt, and it's quite easy to screw up with other replacers generally, making Rebirth conflict with far more than it actually needs to -- which is already a lot. For this, however, it should be an easy enough fix if you've been using the virtual file system manually. Just comment out the line in the cfg file that corresponds to your Rebirth folder, and the game won't see or load it anymore. If you've been using something like Polemos's OpenMW Wrye Mash fork or AnyOldName's Mod Organizer plugin, there's probably a way to do this as well via the GUI, but I don't know what it is.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

In the MO2 plugin, you'd just uncheck the mod in the left pane and run the exporter again.