OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
thephantomfiddler
Posts: 32
Joined: 06 Mar 2019, 01:03

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by thephantomfiddler » 21 May 2019, 13:31

john44 wrote:
19 May 2019, 17:01
The May 17th nightly build seems to be messing with merchants somehow. The Mudcrab merchant and the Scamp won't pay the full value for items.
Fixed in latest nightly.

Deathbguy
Posts: 2
Joined: 01 Jun 2019, 03:34

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Deathbguy » 01 Jun 2019, 03:37

It seems windows protector is preventing me from opening the latest build... any ideas as how to stop that? I've already tried Run as Administrator.

User avatar
AnyOldName3
Posts: 1594
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 03:25

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by AnyOldName3 » 01 Jun 2019, 18:45

Usually, there's a more details button you can press and once you've done that, you get the option to run anyway.
AnyOldName3, Master of Shadows

zelazko
Posts: 25
Joined: 07 Aug 2019, 18:01

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by zelazko » 12 Aug 2019, 15:50

===== » 08 Aug 2019, 22:20===============

Today's release of August 8 2019 was about fixing the Seyda Neen lighthouse popping in and out? I dunno because I reinstalled and it fixed my issue with lighthouse. :D

===== » 08 Aug 2019, 22:20===============

Ramimilk daedric ruins. The door opens and game temporarily goes black then after activating door again the screen goes back to normal.

Video with the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov42zq712bo

User avatar
Husaco
Posts: 26
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 11:54
Location: Australia

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Husaco » 13 Aug 2019, 02:15

zelazko wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 15:50
Ramimilk daedric ruins. The door opens and game temporarily goes black then after activating door again the screen goes back to normal.

Video with the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov42zq712bo
Look at the effects list on the HUD. The door was trapped and cast a blind spell on you when you opened it, which makes the screen go black.

zelazko
Posts: 25
Joined: 07 Aug 2019, 18:01

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by zelazko » 13 Aug 2019, 04:11

I easily overlooked it. Maybe it's a good suggestion for OpenMW to implement better blindness effect. People who play Morrowind fresh are not accustomed to pitch black screens and think it's a bug. :lol:

User avatar
lysol
Posts: 1360
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 01:48
Location: Sweden

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by lysol » 13 Aug 2019, 08:56

How about a mod where as soon as you have a blind effect going, the game starts playing this?
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

psychotrip
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Aug 2018, 15:18

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by psychotrip » 23 Sep 2019, 03:27

Woahhh! It's been a while since I installed a nightly, but for some reason when I enter the game the framerate drops to around 1fps and I can somehow see certain objects through walls? It's very disorienting and unplayable. Did I do something wrong?

silentthief
Posts: 402
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 01:20
Location: Currently traversing the Ascadian Isles

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by silentthief » 23 Sep 2019, 18:46

psychotrip wrote:
23 Sep 2019, 03:27
Woahhh! It's been a while since I installed a nightly, but for some reason when I enter the game the framerate drops to around 1fps and I can somehow see certain objects through walls? It's very disorienting and unplayable. Did I do something wrong?
Can you give a little more info? Which nightly and what OS are you on. Also, any mods active, and did you have this issue on any other nightlies or installs?
lysol wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 08:56
How about a mod where as soon as you have a blind effect going, the game starts playing this?
Also Lysol, that is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

ST the amused
"You like to dance close to the fire, don't you?."

psychotrip
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Aug 2018, 15:18

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by psychotrip » 23 Sep 2019, 19:34

silentthief wrote:
23 Sep 2019, 18:46
psychotrip wrote:
23 Sep 2019, 03:27
Woahhh! It's been a while since I installed a nightly, but for some reason when I enter the game the framerate drops to around 1fps and I can somehow see certain objects through walls? It's very disorienting and unplayable. Did I do something wrong?
Can you give a little more info? Which nightly and what OS are you on. Also, any mods active, and did you have this issue on any other nightlies or installs?
lysol wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 08:56
How about a mod where as soon as you have a blind effect going, the game starts playing this?
Also Lysol, that is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

ST the amused
Sure thing! I believe I'm using the latest one that came out yesterday. I just clicked the link tot he 64 bit download on the first page. I'm using Windows 7 and I have...a lot of mods. I've never had this issue on other nightlies though, nor is this an issue in my regular OpenMW install (which is the latest official version).

Edit: Okay I've confirmed that even without any mods the problem persists. No clue what could be causing this now. I have a 64 bit system and I'm using the 64 bit version so I have no clue what else could be causing such random weirdness.

Edit 2: Okay I tried the latest Nightly (9/26) and I have the exact same issue, even with no mods. This is so bizarre. I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.

Post Reply