Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
treio

Re: Android part 2

Post by treio »

Hey everyone, I just completed my redesign of the UI for the Android port! I made a full post about it here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5957

Here is a preview:

I have all of the icons if you want to use them, and if Xyzz or any devs would like to chat about it, feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!
Sisah

Post by Sisah »

It looks like loading bumpmaps from _n/_nh/_spec files is broken, it use first texture it found as diffuse map and dont load rest of files. Ending with blue textures, affecting only objects, terrain seems to load fine.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

sandy0099 wrote: 15 May 2019, 04:58 since the latest version is stable enough may i suggest some misc improvements:
  • make it easier to walk. its hard to 'walk' on sensitivity of the left analog. most often i find myself 'slow running'(char draining fatigue while slow motion running) when i try to walk. you really have to be subtle to just 'walk'. so maybe increase 'walk' zone in center of the analog and remove that 'slow running mode' in between 'walk' and 'run'.
  • please allow gamma/brightness.
  • change the font color of fps display(f3). currently black is just not visible against even slightly dark background.
1/2 - This should probably be reported to the core OpenMW project.
3 - This seems pretty low priority but I'll see what I can do.
treio wrote: 15 May 2019, 05:51 Hey everyone, I just completed my redesign of the UI for the Android port! I made a full post about it here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5957

Here is a preview:

I have all of the icons if you want to use them, and if Xyzz or any devs would like to chat about it, feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!
These look very nice, did you draw all the icons yourself? What's the license?
Sisah wrote: 15 May 2019, 07:39 It looks like loading bumpmaps from _n/_nh/_spec files is broken, it use first texture it found as diffuse map and dont load rest of files. Ending with blue textures, affecting only objects, terrain seems to load fine.
This is probably an issue with gl4es, assuming it works fine in desktop OpenMW, unfortunately I currently do not have the capacity to debug and work on such intricate graphical issues.
pulion

Post by pulion »

treio wrote: 15 May 2019, 05:51 Hey everyone, I just completed my redesign of the UI for the Android port! I made a full post about it here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5957

Here is a preview:

looks very cool. It would be nice if the respected xyzz will be able to implement this control in your apk
sandy0099

Post by sandy0099 »

@xyzz how about a quick fix like a walk button i can bind to "w" in control settings?
xyzz wrote: 15 May 2019, 12:36 1/2 - This should probably be reported to the core OpenMW project.
3 - This seems pretty low priority but I'll see what I can do.
treio

Post by treio »

xyzz wrote: 15 May 2019, 12:36

Here is a preview:

Thank you! And almost all of the icons are from Fontawesome, which I saw from the Github we are currently using. Other than that they are all free, with the sword icon requiring an attribution to the artist, which I imagine we could put in the GitHub description as well.

Edit: The inventory icon is from The Noun Project, and is Public Domain. The sword icon is also from The Noun Project, but the artist (Christopher T. Howlett) needs to be attributed in the credits. All other icons are Font Awesome free icons, and can be used freely.

I drew the Attack icon using the base Sword icon, so feel free to use it.

Most icons are saved as SVGs, but a few of them are saved as PNGs because I had trouble changing their color otherwise. Hope that isn't a problem.
treio

Post by treio »

Also, does anyone know why I am not able to send PMs at all, or submit posts without mod approval? Is there a minimum post limit before these become available?

EDIT: Heard from an admin and now have full posting privileges, thanks :)
Last edited by treio on 15 May 2019, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

treio wrote: 15 May 2019, 16:33 Also, does anyone know why I am not able to send PMs at all, or submit posts without mod approval? Is there a minimum post limit before these become available?
Yes, there is an anti-spam protection here.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

treio wrote: 15 May 2019, 16:26
xyzz wrote: 15 May 2019, 12:36

Here is a preview:

Thank you! And almost all of the icons are from Fontawesome, which I saw from the Github we are currently using. Other than that they are all free, with the sword icon requiring an attribution to the artist, which I imagine we could put in the GitHub description as well.

Edit: The inventory icon is from The Noun Project, and is Public Domain. The sword icon is also from The Noun Project, but the artist (Christopher T. Howlett) needs to be attributed in the credits. All other icons are Font Awesome free icons, and can be used freely.

I drew the Attack icon using the base Sword icon, so feel free to use it.

Most icons are saved as SVGs, but a few of them are saved as PNGs because I had trouble changing their color otherwise. Hope that isn't a problem.
Ok, can you send me the icons (just post here or send in PM) as well as links to their source? I'll need to double check the license. Also, since you changed the attack icon, do you want me to attribute it to you in the About dialog?
gaialily

Post by gaialily »

@treio : It's not the subject, but have you got a mod for your clouds on the screenshot ? Mine are a little uggly.

Edit : Ok, It's my sky IV mod who made uggly texture cloud. I take off and the originals are better.
Don't know why this mod make the cloud like... whatercolour, or something like that. I just keep the stars.