Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
ValkyrWarrior

Re: Android part 2

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

Laicus wrote: 10 May 2019, 18:25
ValkyrWarrior wrote: 10 May 2019, 17:32 Project Atlas helped a ton indoors; but not so much outdoors. Sadly, I don't think I can really improve my outdoor performance; oh well!
Write these two lines in the setting.cfg:
[Camera]
small feature culling = true
small feature culling pixel size = 16
Assuming I did the right thing and put these in the settings.cfg in the OMW folder (I'm still not used to it, even after months of using it on PC), this helped only a tad bit, but framerates aren't too much of a slideshow anymore on outdoors! Hangs around 15-20 FPS, sometimes dips below 15. I'll have to try this on GLESv1 to see if it goes faster. Thank you. <3

Edit: By any chance, would it be possible to set the small feature culling higher? Would this theoretically increase performance even more, or am I being dumb?
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: 10 May 2019, 18:59 Edit: By any chance, would it be possible to set the small feature culling higher? Would this theoretically increase performance even more, or am I being dumb?
You can, but NPC body parts will disappear very noticeably.
It helps a little too:

[Cells]
preload cell cache min = 0
preload cell cache max = 0

[Terrain]
lod factor = 0.6

[Navigator]
enable = false

Also disable anisotropic and trilinear filtering and reduce fov.
Last edited by Laicus on 10 May 2019, 19:49, edited 3 times in total.
ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

Laicus wrote: 10 May 2019, 19:37
ValkyrWarrior wrote: 10 May 2019, 18:59 Edit: By any chance, would it be possible to set the small feature culling higher? Would this theoretically increase performance even more, or am I being dumb?
It helps a little too:
[Cells]

{Terrain}
lod factor = 0.6
Looks like I've got more file editing to do, thank you.

Another dumb question, what does the curvy brackets mean when it comes to cfg editing?
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: 10 May 2019, 19:40 Another dumb question, what does the curvy brackets mean when it comes to cfg editing?
Typo, corrected the post. :D
ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

Laicus wrote: 10 May 2019, 19:45
ValkyrWarrior wrote: 10 May 2019, 19:40 Another dumb question, what does the curvy brackets mean when it comes to cfg editing?
I figured!

Anyways, your settings helped a ton, thank you. All I really have an issue with now is disappearing body parts; and no, I didn't mess around with what you told me to copy. Otherwise, I think I'm ready to actually play! lol
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: 10 May 2019, 19:50
Laicus wrote: 10 May 2019, 19:45
I figured!

Anyways, your settings helped a ton, thank you. All I really have an issue with now is disappearing body parts; and no, I didn't mess around with what you told me to copy. Otherwise, I think I'm ready to actually play! lol
Can't help with the missing body parts but I can make it more enjoyable.

the save files are universal. With the new build the saves are stored in OMW\saves from there you can load up an app called faldersync from the play store and sync that folder to Onedrive or dropbox. Then on the PC so the same to the C:\Users\yournamehere\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\saves folder. Then when you're on your PC and stop you can pic up your saved on your phone.
ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

Laicus wrote: 10 May 2019, 19:37
It helps a little too:

[Cells]

[Terrain]
lod factor = 0.6

[Navigator]
enable = false

Also disable anisotropic and trilinear filtering and reduce fov.
Oh my god, I'm so sorry for all the replies. But I never saw the Navigator setting until now, you edited it in.

AND IT'S BEEN THE BIGGEST THING THAT'S HELPED.

Balmora NEVER drips below 14 FPS, that's the lowest I've seen it go. And that's with the feature culling feature completely gone!

So thank you! Now I begin a actual playthrough. <3
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: 11 May 2019, 05:48 Balmora NEVER drips below 14 FPS, that's the lowest I've seen it go. And that's with the feature culling feature completely gone!
I do not know if distant terrain is enabled by default, but just in case write this:
[Terrain]
distant terrain = true
ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

Laicus wrote: 11 May 2019, 06:33
ValkyrWarrior wrote: 11 May 2019, 05:48 Balmora NEVER drips below 14 FPS, that's the lowest I've seen it go. And that's with the feature culling feature completely gone!
I do not know if distant terrain is enabled by default, but just in case write this:
[Terrain]
distant terrain = true
Oh yes. Now the terrain stuff I know how to mess with and I can't believe I forgot about this.
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: 11 May 2019, 07:13 Oh yes. Now the terrain stuff I know how to mess with and I can't believe I forgot about this.
And one more "optimization" of terrain :D

[Terrain]
vertex lod mod = -1