Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
gaialily

Re: Android part 2

Post by gaialily »

Interesting, thank you for the info.
ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: 09 May 2019, 00:46 Hello. Found out about this a few months ago, but decided to try now; works like a charm on my low end tablet! If charm means low but tolerable framerates.

I installed the Morrowind Optimization Patch, after running around to make sure everything was fine and dandy. I installed Core, and the optional tree patch. After I installed both, the game seems to crash on outdoor cells, while indoor cells have the same performance as before.

I would like to know what's causing the crashes before I go off and install more optimizations like Project Atlas. Running on a Lenovo Tab 10.
Sorry for the reply to my own post, but a simple reinstallation fixed this issue. Sadly, there isn't really that much of a performance increase; am I doing something wrong, or is that standard? How do I even know if it's working?
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: 09 May 2019, 22:27
ValkyrWarrior wrote: 09 May 2019, 00:46 Hello. Found out about this a few months ago, but decided to try now; works like a charm on my low end tablet! If charm means low but tolerable framerates.

I installed the Morrowind Optimization Patch, after running around to make sure everything was fine and dandy. I installed Core, and the optional tree patch. After I installed both, the game seems to crash on outdoor cells, while indoor cells have the same performance as before.

I would like to know what's causing the crashes before I go off and install more optimizations like Project Atlas. Running on a Lenovo Tab 10.
Sorry for the reply to my own post, but a simple reinstallation fixed this issue. Sadly, there isn't really that much of a performance increase; am I doing something wrong, or is that standard? How do I even know if it's working?
What is the tablet? Once you max it out that is it.
zsouza13

Post by zsouza13 »

Hello,

I am new to OpenMw and I was wondering if there is a specific link to the installation process for android devices? Or to the latest app for android? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

zsouza13 wrote: 10 May 2019, 10:31 Hello,

I am new to OpenMw and I was wondering if there is a specific link to the installation process for android devices? Or to the latest app for android? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
First you need a full Morrowind install on your PC or the "data files" directory and morrowind.ini - everyone prefers the GOTY edition
Next patch this to the install : Patch for Purists https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45096
now copy the entire Morrowind directory from your PC over to your phones internal or SDCard as is.

now follow the first post. viewtopic.php?t=5626#p60538

after that read below if you want less fog and your phone/tablet can handle it
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5626&p=63071#p63073
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5626&p=63071#p63074
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5626&p=63071#p63076

and if you want a bigger world then hit these up
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42145/?
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44921
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44922/?

Hit me up directly if you have any issues or post em right here there are tons of great folks to help out.
zsouza13

Post by zsouza13 »

Thank you so much for your help, its greatly appreciated
ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

reddragon72 wrote: 10 May 2019, 02:27

Lenovo Tab 10 is the tablet I'm playing on; wee bit of a potato, but it works! I set the resolution to 640x480, which helped the framerate issues. Draw distance is at the absolute lowest barring any INI edits.

Do you have any tips to increase performance? Minus mods; I'm already about to add Project Atlas.
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: 10 May 2019, 15:53

Lenovo Tab 10 is the tablet I'm playing on; wee bit of a potato, but it works! I set the resolution to 640x480, which helped the framerate issues. Draw distance is at the absolute lowest barring any INI edits.

Do you have any tips to increase performance? Minus mods; I'm already about to add Project Atlas.
Yea Project atlas may help though it did nothing for me. Be sure that you have the latest OMW installed and try the "Enable unsafe graphics opt" that helped my FPS by 10FPS outside.
ValkyrWarrior

Post by ValkyrWarrior »

reddragon72 wrote: 10 May 2019, 17:13
ValkyrWarrior wrote: 10 May 2019, 15:53

Yea Project atlas may help though it did nothing for me. Be sure that you have the latest OMW installed and try the "Enable unsafe graphics opt" that helped my FPS by 10FPS outside.
Project Atlas helped a ton indoors; but not so much outdoors. Sadly, I don't think I can really improve my outdoor performance; oh well!
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

ValkyrWarrior wrote: 10 May 2019, 17:32 Project Atlas helped a ton indoors; but not so much outdoors. Sadly, I don't think I can really improve my outdoor performance; oh well!
Write these two lines in the setting.cfg:
[Camera]
small feature culling = true
small feature culling pixel size = 16