Pluginless mods

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
IgnorantKnight

Pluginless mods

Post by IgnorantKnight »

Hey, does anyone know how to install pluginless mods, like Westly's Pluginless Head Replacer?
akortunov

Re: Pluginless mods

Post by akortunov »

Just as any other mods?
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

I believe that since it is replacer, you would want to perhaps backup the previous data (in case you want to be able to revert) - and copy the data over the existing install. Specifically, with head replacers, you would extract the NIF files and put the meshes in the folder Meshes and textures in the folder Textures.

I believe that there should be instructions on how to install the replacer, and you would follow the instructions there but you would just substitute your openMW installation location for the replacers file location

If you need further assistance then you give the replacer name and copy any readme given with the install here and we should be able to help

ST
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Wait, silentthief, you're here loads. Surely you're aware of the multiple data directories feature?

https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... ences.html
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Derp I forgot that that was one of the openmw features. (I've been here a lot but I am working through a reimage on my computer so I do not have an active install right now).

ST