Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
xyzz

Re: Android part 2

Post by xyzz »

https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... /0.46.0-16
- Added camera control when the attack button is held
- Added a new setting to enable mouse-mode by default in menus
- Changed the default controls layout
- Changed app name and icon
- Changed the crash reporting service
- Fixed the bug where journal button would disappear in menus
- Fixed the bug where keyboard button wouldn't be shown in mouse-mode
- Removed the useless "run" button
- Various UI improvements
- Updated OpenMW to 15142a608d31aa58fa21c7395a2a67e83863b93f
Tecumseh1976

Post by Tecumseh1976 »

2 issues:
1 I am getting the message about the Morrowind ini file not in the data file directory again and this time my data files does not have the hyphen. Which worked 2 apks ago.
2. For some reason the last APK will not install.
Any help would be very appreciated.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Tecumseh1976 wrote: 05 May 2019, 03:51 2 issues:
1 I am getting the message about the Morrowind ini file not in the data file directory again and this time my data files does not have the hyphen. Which worked 2 apks ago.
2. For some reason the last APK will not install.
Any help would be very appreciated.
See https://omw.xyz.is/game.html
Vice09

Post by Vice09 »

Hello

in the latest builds I happen to enter zones like balmora, and to have very strong frame drops, 1-2fps, the first ever. I have a note 9 with snap 845.

thanks and great compliments for your work.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... /0.46.0-17
**The user config and save data have been moved to /sdcard/omw. This way if you uninstall the app, your save data will not be deleted. To migrate your old save data, copy the `/sdcard/Android/data/is.xyz.omw/saves` folder to `/sdcard/omw/saves`**

- Added a new mouse control mode and changed how existing ones work
- Joystick: Can only control mouse with the right joystick
- Touch: The mouse cursor is hidden now
- Hybrid: A combination of the two (same as "Joystick" mode before this release). This is the new default.
- Fixed some crashes
- Updated OpenMW to 8754db2898bc1ba5cf0f57e4cd75a001a4818e69
Xlo

Post by Xlo »

.46 Runs flawlessly, do get a error when starting the game (launcher not game). Stating I have nothing to load. Game starts fine afterwards as it loads my mods theough ny custom config as i like the ability to leave my base game untouched with my mods on their own specified folder.

Is there anyway to get the mod menu to show mods not in data_files?
ChrisHighwind

Post by ChrisHighwind »

xyzz wrote: 05 May 2019, 13:31 https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... /0.46.0-17
**The user config and save data have been moved to /sdcard/omw. This way if you uninstall the app, your save data will not be deleted. To migrate your old save data, copy the `/sdcard/Android/data/is.xyz.omw/saves` folder to `/sdcard/omw/saves`**

- Hybrid: A combination of the two (same as "Joystick" mode before this release). This is the new default.
- Fixed some crashes
Just downloaded the latest .apk, and the icon for it is a microwave. Did I miss an in-joke or something?
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Xlo wrote: 05 May 2019, 15:04 .46 Runs flawlessly, do get a error when starting the game (launcher not game). Stating I have nothing to load. Game starts fine afterwards as it loads my mods theough ny custom config as i like the ability to leave my base game untouched with my mods on their own specified folder.

Is there anyway to get the mod menu to show mods not in data_files?
No, currently the mod menu only shows stuff inside the data files. Yes, you will have to skip the warning message on every launch for now.
ChrisHighwind wrote: 05 May 2019, 15:59
xyzz wrote: 05 May 2019, 13:31 https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... /0.46.0-17

- Fixed some crashes
Just downloaded the latest .apk, and the icon for it is a microwave. Did I miss an in-joke or something?
App name and icon were edited since I couldn't secure a sufficient confirmation that it's ok for me to use. If in the future it's confirmed ok for me to use, then they might be reverted back.
borosky

Post by borosky »

Amazing project! Ability to multitask was the make or break feature for me, and now looks like it all works smoothly! I shall start the journey soon, thanks for making it possible on android!
treio

Post by treio »

Hey there, I am a soon-graduating UI/UX designer, and if you need any help with the UI, I would love to at least make some mockups. I see that Xyzz has recently updated the UI, and I haven't gotten the chance to look at it yet because I don't have access to an android phone (until tomorrow), but I would be happy to help since it is currently being worked on. I love designing UI for mobile, and I've been playing Morrowind since I was a kid (and using OpenMW for the last year), so I'd love to be a part of the project. Feel free to shoot me a PM on here or contact me on discord or anything, if interested.

Thanks!