How to drag the map on Android

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Moozzie

How to drag the map on Android

Post by Moozzie »

Hello Folks!

Does anyone know how to "drag" the world map so I can see around the island?
I'm using a mobile android device : )

Cheers!
Valbert

Re: How to drag the map on Android

Post by Valbert »

You mean you want to resize the map window? Just place the cursor on the margin/edge of the map window in the character menu, then keep the attack button pressed while moving the cursor to resize the window.
Moozzie

Post by Moozzie »

I actually meant dragging around the map in the character menu.

But your suggestion does work for that too! Thanks a lot!
I did not know that the attack button was some kind of button in the menu.
I always pressed the middle of the screen.

Thanks @valbert
Valbert

Post by Valbert »

No problem, glad I could help :)
Yeah, the on-screen controls are quite inconvenient imo - if you really wanna dive into MW on Android, I'd recommend a bluetooth gamepad. You can assign everything the way you like it, and enjoy the beauty of the game without virtual controls or your fingers on the screen ;)
Adagio

Post by Adagio »

Valbert wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 14:15 No problem, glad I could help :)
Yeah, the on-screen controls are quite inconvenient imo - if you really wanna dive into MW on Android, I'd recommend a bluetooth gamepad. You can assign everything the way you like it, and enjoy the beauty of the game without virtual controls or your fingers on the screen ;)
Do you know if OpenMW for Android is pretty accepting of controllers? I've been looking at the Mogo line.
Valbert

Post by Valbert »

Adagio wrote: 02 May 2019, 18:45
Do you know if OpenMW for Android is pretty accepting of controllers? I've been looking at the Mogo line.
Yup, I'm using a Beboncool Wireless Bluetooth controller, it's similar to a Xbox 360 controller I think. 25 bucks on Amazon.
Works pretty good, the analog sticks' accuracy is not the best (especially menu selections with the cursor are a struggle... I switch to the touchscreen for that sometimes), and for some reason when I assign the controls, left and right triggers are assigned the other way around, but that's not a problem at all.
Adagio

Post by Adagio »

Valbert wrote: 02 May 2019, 22:42
Adagio wrote: 02 May 2019, 18:45
Yup, I'm using a Beboncool Wireless Bluetooth controller, it's similar to a Xbox 360 controller I think. 25 bucks on Amazon.
Works pretty good, the analog sticks' accuracy is not the best (especially menu selections with the cursor are a struggle... I switch to the touchscreen for that sometimes), and for some reason when I assign the controls, left and right triggers are assigned the other way around, but that's not a problem at all.
Try assigning the L/R triggers reverse of how you would want to do it, maybe then it'll get it correct.
Valbert

Post by Valbert »

Yeah I did do that, works just fine, that's why I wrote it's not a problem at all :) thx though