Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Laicus
Posts: 88
Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 08:35

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus » 12 Apr 2019, 17:02

xyzz wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 16:04
I think you should suggest this to openmw developers, the current solution with having to shift-click isn't very accessible. A better way would be to add a delete button next to each spell in the window.
I will write to the developers, but I doubt that they will make such a delete button.
It turns out, if there was an on-screen "shift" button, then if you hold it and press the "hit" button on the spell, will it be deleted? Could you do this as a temporary solution?

xyzz
Posts: 156
Joined: 14 Jan 2018, 22:25

Re: Android part 2

Post by xyzz » 12 Apr 2019, 17:57

https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... 2019-04-12
- Fixed gamepad not working on Xiaomi devices
- Fixed performance issue in on-screen controls
- Updated OpenMW to 5b8fc5a1513ef573a948a07621e234f057e6c8c9
- Updated gl4es to 7ece2d8c61fd40416208e6305eb6ea939200ca39
- Updated ffmpeg to 4.1.3
- Updated freetype2 to 2.10.0

reddragon72
Posts: 59
Joined: 06 Apr 2019, 20:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 » 13 Apr 2019, 15:59

Ok so I restarted everything as I didn't have the character I wanted.

I have finally went to the cave in the first town and when I enter the person yells and runs to me.
I cannot hit this person at all with the dagger...

Tell me it is me and not the game...

I say that because I was killed by a crab or something as I explored around the town because I could never hit it.

Am I doing something wrong?

I never really played the original game and do not have it installed so no comparison.


UPDATE: Just tried the PC version and same issue. I cannot hit anything with the dagger. Trying to find a sword to buy. Already did the follow dude at night bit so I have a couple of bucks.

xyzz
Posts: 156
Joined: 14 Jan 2018, 22:25

Re: Android part 2

Post by xyzz » 13 Apr 2019, 18:00

reddragon72 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 15:59
Ok so I restarted everything as I didn't have the character I wanted.

I have finally went to the cave in the first town and when I enter the person yells and runs to me.
I cannot hit this person at all with the dagger...

Tell me it is me and not the game...

I say that because I was killed by a crab or something as I explored around the town because I could never hit it.

Am I doing something wrong?

I never really played the original game and do not have it installed so no comparison.


UPDATE: Just tried the PC version and same issue. I cannot hit anything with the dagger. Trying to find a sword to buy. Already did the follow dude at night bit so I have a couple of bucks.
Welcome to Morrowind! If you want to hit things, you need to level up your corresponding weapon skill. (Yes, it is supposed to be crappy like this)

IvarTron
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 Jan 2018, 19:14

Re: Android part 2

Post by IvarTron » 13 Apr 2019, 19:57

reddragon72 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 15:59
Ok so I restarted everything as I didn't have the character I wanted.

I have finally went to the cave in the first town and when I enter the person yells and runs to me.
I cannot hit this person at all with the dagger...

Tell me it is me and not the game...

I say that because I was killed by a crab or something as I explored around the town because I could never hit it.

Am I doing something wrong?

I never really played the original game and do not have it installed so no comparison.


UPDATE: Just tried the PC version and same issue. I cannot hit anything with the dagger. Trying to find a sword to buy. Already did the follow dude at night bit so I have a couple of bucks.
Main thing to consider:
Have enough fatigue. You will also hit more if you have high agility and high skill Inn the weapon you are using.

Other things that help:
Higher luck and fortify attack also helps

reddragon72
Posts: 59
Joined: 06 Apr 2019, 20:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 » 14 Apr 2019, 02:25

IvarTron wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 19:57
reddragon72 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 15:59
Ok so I restarted everything as I didn't have the character I wanted.

I have finally went to the cave in the first town and when I enter the person yells and runs to me.
I cannot hit this person at all with the dagger...

Tell me it is me and not the game...

I say that because I was killed by a crab or something as I explored around the town because I could never hit it.

Am I doing something wrong?

I never really played the original game and do not have it installed so no comparison.


UPDATE: Just tried the PC version and same issue. I cannot hit anything with the dagger. Trying to find a sword to buy. Already did the follow dude at night bit so I have a couple of bucks.
Main thing to consider:
Have enough fatigue. You will also hit more if you have high agility and high skill Inn the weapon you are using.

Other things that help:
Higher luck and fortify attack also helps
yep learned it is all my fault lol. I didn't know why I stopped playing the game to begin with but this was it. BUT now I have the want to continue so off I go!!!

reddragon72
Posts: 59
Joined: 06 Apr 2019, 20:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 » 14 Apr 2019, 19:00

xyzz wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 17:57
https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... 2019-04-12
- Fixed gamepad not working on Xiaomi devices
- Fixed performance issue in on-screen controls
- Updated OpenMW to 5b8fc5a1513ef573a948a07621e234f057e6c8c9
- Updated gl4es to 7ece2d8c61fd40416208e6305eb6ea939200ca39
- Updated ffmpeg to 4.1.3
- Updated freetype2 to 2.10.0
Just installed this. Will do some testing. See if the psychedelic water is fixed lol

Laicus
Posts: 88
Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 08:35

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus » 14 Apr 2019, 20:30

reddragon72 wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 19:00
Just installed this. Will do some testing. See if the psychedelic water is fixed lol
This version is based on a buggy nightly build in which enchanted items do not work. Better wait for the new build.
And for the correct display of water, select GLESv2 in the launcher.

reddragon72
Posts: 59
Joined: 06 Apr 2019, 20:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 » 15 Apr 2019, 22:23

Laicus wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 20:30
reddragon72 wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 19:00
Just installed this. Will do some testing. See if the psychedelic water is fixed lol
This version is based on a buggy nightly build in which enchanted items do not work. Better wait for the new build.
And for the correct display of water, select GLESv2 in the launcher.
Roger on the rollback and wait.

I have taken some screenshots of the water issue I am talking about. GLS2 is set and this is my settings in game.

Image

Here is the water at one angle.

Image

And again at another angle.

Image

And here is with the water reflection turned off completely.

Image


I am only reporting bugs and not being picky. This is not what I see on the PC version so it is clearly a GLES2 issue.

Other then this so far the game seems to be playing really well and no real differences as I switch back and forth with the PC version.

Thanks

Laicus
Posts: 88
Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 08:35

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus » 16 Apr 2019, 07:29

reddragon72 wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 22:23
I have taken some screenshots of the water issue I am talking about.
In the settings menu, turn off the refraction of water.

Post Reply