[Solved] The crosshair is not visible despite being enabled in settings

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
NordPaladin

[Solved] The crosshair is not visible despite being enabled in settings

Post by NordPaladin »

Crosshair - sight is not in the game. Enabled in the settings.
Made screen on dark the surface. To make sure.
Spoiler: Show
akortunov

Re: Сrosshair. Aim.

Post by akortunov »

Make sure you do not use the crosshair (target.dds) replacer with increased resolution, it should have the 32x32 size.
NordPaladin

Post by NordPaladin »

akortunov wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 09:28 Make sure you do not use the crosshair (target.dds) replacer with increased resolution, it should have the 32x32 size.
I don't use target.dds.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Are you on a Mac? I seem to remember that there was some wonkyness with the crosshairs with some users on Macs. Please give us your setup info (OS/build #/ where you got the install -nightlies or official release) and output from the openmw.log?

ST
NordPaladin

Post by NordPaladin »

silentthief wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 20:13 Are you on a Mac? I seem to remember that there was some wonkyness with the crosshairs with some users on Macs. Please give us your setup info (OS/build #/ where you got the install -nightlies or official release) and output from the openmw.log?
PC/ build - I don't understand what you're saying. (0.45.0 installed)/ where you got the instal - downloaded here on site..
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

NordPaladin wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 15:25 PC/ build - I don't understand what you're saying. (0.45.0 installed)/ where you got the instal - downloaded here on site..
was able to see that you are using windows from the openmw.log (and if you downloaded it here, it was the official release not one of the nightly bugfix releases), however was not able to tell why the crosshair is not showing. Perhaps one of the other troubleshooting people has an idea??

ST
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

There is a roughly 80% chance that you use a non-32x32-size target.dds despite you claim that you do not.
The only thing I can suggest to do is to put a target.dds from the attached ZIP-archive to the F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Textures to make sure the texture itself is valid.
NordPaladin wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 10:07 I don't use target.dds.
But both Morrowind and OpenMW do. It should be either in the Morrowind.bsa or in the the Data Files\Textures folder. Otherwise there would be an error about missing target.dds in the log.
Attachments
target.zip
(334 Bytes) Downloaded 391 times
NordPaladin

Post by NordPaladin »

silentthief wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 16:06 was able to see that you are using windows from the openmw.log
Well it is necessary. And the that I wrote the PC - personal computer. This does not mean that I use Windows... LOL
NordPaladin

Post by NordPaladin »

akortunov wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 16:47 There is a roughly 80% chance that you use a non-32x32-size target.dds despite you claim that you do not.
The only thing I can suggest to do is to put a target.dds from the attached ZIP-archive to the F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Textures to make sure the texture itself is valid.
NordPaladin wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 10:07 I don't use target.dds.
But both Morrowind and OpenMW do. It should be either in the Morrowind.bsa or in the the Data Files\Textures folder. Otherwise there would be an error about missing target.dds in the log.
Thanks for the file. Helped. I did have a target file of 128x128 pixels.
lysol

Re: [Solved] The crosshair is not visible despite being enabled in settings

Post by lysol »

I edited the topic title to be more descriptive for future googlers. Glad your problem was solved!