Debugging graphics glitches

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
phillipedison1891

Debugging graphics glitches

Post by phillipedison1891 »

Hello, when I run OpenMW 0.45 (vanilla game files, no Trib or Bloodmoon, no mods), I experience glitched frames every once in a while where one or a few actor vertices are either missing or ridiculously displaced, resulting in huge wacky faces/edges. I don't want to file an issue until I have collected all the information I can. The problem is these frames appear seemingly at random and only for a split second. Is there anyone who knows:
  • If there is a way to dump graphics frames to a file/render-to-texture in OpenMW (either video or series of images)
  • EDIT: What specific OSG releases were used in release packaging for both 0.44 and 0.45
  • Anything else that could help me troubleshoot this issue?
EDIT: This appears to be a regression from 0.44
raevol

Re: Debugging graphics glitches

Post by raevol »

Info about your OS, drivers, and hardware will be really helpful here. You can use OBS to record video, though I'm not sure if has a way to dump frame by frame.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Can you track down which meshes are exactly affected by this issue?
And if you know that the bug is not present in the 0.44 release, the only thing I can suggest to do is do the git bisect (if the bug is still present in nightlies), but it will require to build OpenMW by yourself.
phillipedison1891

Post by phillipedison1891 »

I am running on Windows with Intel HD Graphics 530, driver version 24.20.100.6344. The problem seems to be particularly caused when fires, torches, etc. are in view. I will investigate further and update when I have more information.