A thank-you to the community

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
affamu

A thank-you to the community

Post by affamu »

Hi, I'm Doug Goodall. You may remember me from such games as Edge of Space and Fallen Earth.

Morrowind received a bunch of attention recently, and I thought I'd try playing it again. With OpenMW, a few mods, and the gentle passage of time, I can finally enjoy Morrowind myself.

So, thank you to everyone who worked so hard on this project. Playing Morrowind is an odd experience for me, but one that wouldn't have been possible without you.
raevol

Re: A thank-you to the community

Post by raevol »

Thank you for the message! I'm not a dev, but I've been with this project for a while, and it's definitely cool to see how far its come!
urm
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/uramer

Post by urm »

Amazing to see you here! I hope now you will find time to play Tribunal and Bloodmoon ;)
Have you seen tes3mp, OpenMW's fork adding multiplayer to Morrowind? It's quite playable. Julian Le Fay once said the next thing he would add to Daggerfall if he had time was multiplayer. What do you think of multiplayer Morrowind and TES games in general?
Also in your old interview you said you were a big fan of Arena and Daggerfall, and they have their own community made remakes as well. In particular, DFUnity looks pretty amazing and will be fully playable relatively soon it appears.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I have a sneaking suspicion that he's aware of TES3MP.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Welcome Doug! :) Glad to see you here.

If there is anything you find "too odd", let us know so we can fix it. :P
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Welcome, Doug! If you ever feel the call to add something new, the Tamriel Rebuilt team would probably love a couple of quest lines. It's amazing how these communities like OpenMW and the modding scene keep adding and refining things. Thanks for your work that has inspired folks for almost twenty years.