Tricking Steam to download on Mac

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Revanmann

Tricking Steam to download on Mac

Post by Revanmann »

I'm attempting to get Morrowind to run on my Macbook Air. I'm very new to Mac, but I'm not entirely sure that's the issue. So, I created the text file and placed it into the SteamApps folder and when I launch Steam and go to install Morrowind, it won't let me because I have the wrong system. I copied this:
"AppState"
{
"AppID" "22320"
"Universe" "1"
"StateFlags" "1026"
"installdir" "The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind"
}
Exactly like that, did I make a mistake? The file is titled: appmanifest_22320.acf
I used TextEdit to create it, I have the plain text ticked and smart quotes unticked.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time here, and I'm quite excited at the possibility of playing Morrowind after 7 years.
theimmortalmoo

Re: Tricking Steam to download on Mac

Post by theimmortalmoo »

What I did was copy one of the other .acf files and rename it appmanifest_22320.acf. Then Edited the contents

Code: Select all

"AppState"
{
        "AppID" "22320"
        "Universe" "1"
        "StateFlags" "1026"
}
Make sure steam is closed when you do this.
Revanmann

Post by Revanmann »

YUSS, thank you so much. The game is running now. I hope it continues to work. Again, thanks.
lococomotupadre

Post by lococomotupadre »

theimmortalmoo wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 18:19 What I did was copy one of the other .acf files and rename it appmanifest_22320.acf. Then Edited the contents

Code: Select all

"AppState"
{
 "AppID" "22320"
 "Universe" "1"
 "StateFlags" "1026"
}
Make sure steam is closed when you do this.
thank you SO much for this! this worked for me and i am now happily playing Morrowind. thank you thank you!

this worked on my Late-2015 iMac running Mojave 10.14.5 .
Svetomech

Post by Svetomech »

Revanmann wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 17:33 I'm attempting to get Morrowind to run on my Macbook Air. I'm very new to Mac, but I'm not entirely sure that's the issue. So, I created the text file and placed it into the SteamApps folder and when I launch Steam and go to install Morrowind, it won't let me because I have the wrong system. I copied this:
"AppState"
{
"AppID" "22320"
"Universe" "1"
"StateFlags" "1026"
}
Exactly like that, did I make a mistake? The file is titled: appmanifest_22320.acf
I used TextEdit to create it, I have the plain text ticked and smart quotes unticked.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time here, and I'm quite excited at the possibility of playing Morrowind after 7 years.
I used SteamCMD.