OpenMW support for other games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout and more

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Br0ken

Re: Elder-scrolls IV Oblivion

Post by Br0ken »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 15:30 Here's a link to the server.
Thanks!

And new video by cc9cii - first steps to FaceGen support! :o
TheMechanist

Post by TheMechanist »

Br0ken wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 10:05
AnyOldName3 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 15:30 Here's a link to the server.
Thanks!

And new video by cc9cii - first steps to FaceGen support! :o
:shock:
SmartGuar

Post by SmartGuar »

Br0ken wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 10:05 And new video by cc9cii - first steps to FaceGen support! :o
This looks like much more than first steps! (Unless you are already aiming for facial animations.)
anahuj

Post by anahuj »

Have you looked at my decodings of Oblivion and Fallout 3 esm/esp formats?
https://github.com/anahuj

When I started with Oblivion, there was a good initial decoding, but I started from begin and verified what was decoded. I found some errors.

I decoded Fallout 3 format on my own, but I kept verifying what appeared elsewhere. I decoded some records which were not previously decoded accurately or at all.

I don't have a development system in my Windows, and I don't know what to do.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Are you referring to esptools? Most of my work is based on UESP. If you have decoded something that they haven't then I'd be interested.

Actually, if you have any knowledge on speedtree I'd be interested on that even more.
anahuj

Post by anahuj »

cc9cii wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 01:17 Are you referring to esptools?
Yes, esptools. I don't remember if Skyrim and Morrowind parts are valid but Oblivion and Fallout 3 are ok (o*, f3*).

I started with UESP which was not complete at then. I verified it but I never did put changes back to UESP. What parts of ESM/ESP of Oblivion / Fallout 3 has not been implemented yet? What are needed next?

I wanted to write Oblivion SpeedTree clone, but I also asked them at some point if they could release the Oblivion version of SpeedTree for us. So that we could include the SpeedTree lib with OpenMW. I have SpeedTree editor (Oblivion) documentation.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

anahuj wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 06:44 I started with UESP which was not complete at then. I verified it but I never did put changes back to UESP. What parts of ESM/ESP of Oblivion / Fallout 3 has not been implemented yet? What are needed next?
UESP doesn't have details on RACE, WATR, ROAD, IDLE, EFSH, REGN, etc. I've worked out parts of RACE record (mainly by trial and error) and a few others. Most of my implementation is here, if you're interested.

My main focus on SpeedTree is to figure out how to interpret where the auto-generated shrubs and tall grasses go. I kinda prefer the Skyrim way of doing vegetation because there is less "pop in" going on.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Is UESP the place where the latest versions of stuff are kept these days? It's possible that's no longer the case, for example if xEdit's source code is accepted as the most complete description.
anahuj

Post by anahuj »

cc9cii wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 08:34 UESP doesn't have details on RACE, WATR, ROAD, IDLE, EFSH, REGN, etc. I've worked out parts of RACE record (mainly by trial and error) and a few others. Most of my implementation is here, if you're interested.

My main focus on SpeedTree is to figure out how to interpret where the auto-generated shrubs and tall grasses go. I kinda prefer the Skyrim way of doing vegetation because there is less "pop in" going on.
I don't know about auto-generated shrubs and grasses. There is REGN/RDGS with Grass ID in it, but only 1 occurence in Oblivion.esm - which is strange.
https://github.com/anahuj/esptools/blob ... fer_regn.c

And it sounds like the dense grass is not part of the REGN/RDOT system, but I don't know.

I decoded and documented only the file format but not what everything really means, like how data is used by the game. Except PGRD and maybe few others. Well, I have Oblivion and its editor in this PC - and I have the decode-print of Oblivion.esm. Maybe I can do something.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

In case you've not taken a look, I've chatted with Elminster and xEdit should have one of the most complete descriptions of the ESM formats for each game. Here's the Oblivion stuff, for example: https://github.com/ElminsterAU/xEdit/bl ... nsTES4.pas

It's highly likely that there's stuff here that isn't on the UESP and you haven't reverse engineered yourself yet.