Video Capture/Editing Help?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
jusastronomer

Re: Video Capture/Editing Help?

Post by jusastronomer »

raevol, it was an awesome call to turn this into an experiment/challenge! I trust your judgement that it's not feasible, but trying it out could indeed be a nice experience!

As I understand it, we have two experiments to run:

(Experiment A) Crowndsourcing only the pre-footage capturing. That was the idea discussed before Ferk's post. The idea is just to help Atahualpa, not to replace his work.
  • Someone (playing the role of Atahualpa) would write a script listing footage to capture.
  • Everyone would be invited to post the requested videos at Goblin Refuge, as fraang suggested.
  • Once "Someone" had enough footage, he/she would start working on the voice over and video editing.
I volunteer to oversee Experiment A. I can even be the "Someone", except for voice over (I don't have a mic). If I can finish the script before someone else volunteers, we can already start this experiment!

(Experiment B) Crowndsourcing everything, following darkbasic's Five Steps. I leave the organization of this experiment to whoever volunteers to oversee it. :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

darkbasic wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 09:25 a perfect video which delayed the release by 3 months.
So, as has been stated in the release thread, the release is not delayed by the video. :) Just a reminder.

But I agree that a less professional video, done quicker and easier, would be better. Do you want to volunteer to helm this project?

Edit: I see @jusastronomer volunteered! Alright, good luck you guys!
jusastronomer

Post by jusastronomer »

Ok, living up to this scripting standard takes so much work that capturing footage is indeed a brief walk in the park! There isn't much point in doing this unless we crowdsource scripting... :oops:

I am going to continue, but Atahualpa will probably post the actual video before the experiment ends.
raevol

Post by raevol »

jusastronomer wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 23:33 I am going to continue, but Atahualpa will probably post the actual video before the experiment ends.
Atahualpa did say he may be working on the video this weekend. And if we don't hear from him, I'll be doing the release next week.

But keep up the work! Maybe start looking towards 0.46!