Loading different Texture, Mesh, Font mods with different profiles without conflicts

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
IramS

Loading different Texture, Mesh, Font mods with different profiles without conflicts

Post by IramS »

Hi, i'm new to openmw and morrowind in general. So, i'd like to ask some questions regarding openmw.

OpenMW launcher seems to have a neat little profile feature like Mod Organizer 2 to manage different mod profiles. While it's good for managing esps, esms and bsas for seperate mod profiles, it can't manage texture or mesh only mods. Resulting in a clash between multiple mod profiles. I'm currently trying to set up two different mod profiles, one for vanilla+pfp and the other for rebirth 4.9. But this issue keeps causing conflicts by loading one profile's texture/mesh files into another. Is there a solution for this?
AnyOldName3

Re: Loading different Texture, Mesh, Font mods with different profiles without conflicts

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If you're already familiar with MO2, it might be a reasonable idea to start using its OpenMW export plugin https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45642. You can then use MO2 as a mod manager for OpenMW and still use OpenMW's VFS.
IramS

Re: Loading different Texture, Mesh, Font mods with different profiles without conflicts

Post by IramS »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 19:40 If you're already familiar with MO2, it might be a reasonable idea to start using its OpenMW export plugin https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45642. You can then use MO2 as a mod manager for OpenMW and still use OpenMW's VFS.
Can you elaborate a bit? I'm new to all this.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If you use MO2 to manage Morrowind mods and you have that plugin installed, in MO's tools menu (the jigsaw dropdown at the top) there'll be an Export to OpenMW button which will copy your mod list and plugin files to your OpenMW.cfg.
Mistahtokyo

Post by Mistahtokyo »

For the manual folks out there, I just keep different copies of the config, one for each loadout I want.