Essesntial NPC Death Messages

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
jackdaws

Re: Essesntial NPC Death Messages

Post by jackdaws »

Again, this may be irrelevant, but one of the messages (the most recent - after reverting to standard 1 exterior cell loading and 8000 visibility - fps maybe well above 50) occurred south of Ebonheart. It might still be Danso that dies, but I can't be certain. I'll try walking into the area tomorrow evening and report the results.

PS What's double precision bullet?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Bullet is the physics SDK OpenMW uses. Double precision floating point values have double precision (duh) compared to normal floating point numbers and their usage allows to have much more accurate calculations, which is necessary to avoid some of Bullet shortcomings regarding collisions.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Or we can try to do not use the actor's base as an origin for raytracing - it does not work well, especially on slopes.
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 22 Dec 2018, 01:55 If it's the Vivec cantons, I'm pretty sure that's one of the things sorted by switching to double-precision Bullet, which is the plan going forward. There's not much else we can do about it.
Did it make its way into git master or does it still need to be implemented?