Issue 4440: Merge & Unify right-click lists on toolbar buttons

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Sky

Issue 4440: Merge & Unify right-click lists on toolbar buttons

Post by Sky »

So I decided to pick up the issue.

So, in accordance to "How to contribute" instruction, I forked the repo, created branch for the issue and this thread on forum. Then I moved both mPanel and mTable along with showPanel method implementation from SceneToolTextureBrush and SceneToolRun to their base class SceneTool. I'm not sure this is how it should be done, though. As far as I can see SceneToolMode, SceneToolToggle, SceneToolToggle2 are also subclasses of SceneTool. And it seems they don't have to show such behavior (show the panel on RMB press).

Am I doing things right? Any hints? Thanks.
Zini

Re: Issue 4440: Merge & Unify right-click lists on toolbar buttons

Post by Zini »

The idea behind this was to create a new class for the list and then use this class in the button classes that need it.
Sky

Post by Sky »

I see. Any hints how exactly it should be implemented?
What I can imagine is a ContextMenu class as subclass of QFrame with QTableWidget* as its member.
Is it appropriate? In case if it is, should I just expose the table via setter/getter (or as public?) or should I wrap the table in ContextMenu's methods?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Sorry for the late reply. The last couple of days have been really busy for me.
What I can imagine is a ContextMenu class as subclass of QFrame with QTableWidget* as its member.
That sounds about right.
Is it appropriate? In case if it is, should I just expose the table via setter/getter (or as public?) or should I wrap the table in ContextMenu's methods?
The later please. Better more abstraction than less.