Android Crash (simple fix)

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Nwah209

Re: Android Crash (simple fix)

Post by Nwah209 »

Im using the GOTY edition. I tried the steam version but i was having issues. I noticed in the log it gave me alot of weather errors after loading tribunal. I will try to copy the files again. (Steam and GOTY and maybe even GoG) see of that helps. Perhaps there was a corruption while copying.
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

Hi again. I looked up your phone hoping it was hardware but it isnt, that phones newer than mine actually. other than being rated to record/stream video at 30fps (so is mine, i think most are) i dont see any problems. That leaves game version/android version. Your log indicates the same ....its does say its not reading the cut scenes (.bik extensions) correctly and you dont need them but i dont see how deleting will help. I need to find a page with some command line arguments, they will allow you to skip intro and start elsewhere (not elsewyr lol i dont care if you got that) see if seyda neens the problem. I dont know what i plan on doing if it is but then again im playing it by ear anyway. In the meantime eliminate anything you do not need from the equation. Delete everything in the morrowind folder except the data-files folder, all cut scenes they dont work on our gpu right anyway reset your config so we are starting from scratch . Im at work and wont be able to look into this more til this evening . It should run . Maybe theres somthing about marshmellow that isnt playing nice but i cant think of anything and it really shouldnt be . Your resolutions set better than mine was by far at stock. Fricking Samsung and there 2k displays on 6 inch screen is so overkill it makes me sick.
mojoswagger1980

Nwah209 wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 18:33 Im using the GOTY edition. I tried the steam version but i was having issues. I noticed in the log it gave me alot of weather errors after loading tribunal. I will try to copy the files again. (Steam and GOTY and maybe even GoG) see of that helps. Perhaps there was a corruption while copying.
Ok wait. There are muptiple GOTY editions. Steam is Goty, GoG is Goty, and Bethesda has a Goty . Really only the original release isnt a Goty i think . The one that sold as 3 individual games not packaged into 1. You almost certainly have a Goty edition and it sounds like bethesdas . Confirm plz. Oh zip the archive prior to transfer bro it is so much faster and will help ensure everything gets transfered
Nwah209

Post by Nwah209 »

Yeah its Bethesda and i just transfered (zipping first) to no avail. It works on another device i have with no issue same files. Even though the log still sais weather errors but i know that has nothing to do with anything. I simply have issues loading cells. But not any at startup or any pre loads. Just ones it has to dig in the file source to load in game for. Like i said when i have more time ill download and try the steam and gog versions.
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

Just in case try this settings ⬇

small feature culling = true
small feature culling pixel size = 16.0
exterior cell load distance = 1
preload instances = true
preload cell cache min = 7
preload cell cache max = 7
preload cell expiry delay = 5
prediction time = 1
cache expiry delay = 5
target framerate = 30
pointers cache size = 40
anisotropy = 0
texture mag filter = nearest
texture min filter = nearest
texture mipmap = nearest

Edit : It is very FPS friendly for me hope this can fix your problem.
Nwah209

Post by Nwah209 »

Thanks for the extra fps tips. Worked great on my other device. Speeding through Balmora and Vivec now. But sadly it didnt help with my cell load crashing on my zte zmax pro. Im not sure anybody quite understands my issue. i can load from any where. Any save i transfer from my other phone it will load from any place. Loads up fine. I can enter any interior and as long as i exit fast enough before the pre load cell expires i can exit. But if i wonder to far or exit 99% of buildings it will crash. If it has to do "Loading Area" at any point in game other then when i first start it will crash. It just refuses to dig in the file source in game for the cells. But i find it odd it will load up to begin with in that case. Just the fact it works i know it will work i just dont know what to do to make it work 100% but this will not defeat me. I love OpenMW and everything there doing for us die hard TESIII fans and all elder scrolls fans in general. I mean i live for this game. I will continue to dig for a fix to my issue. Im sure im not the only one that has had this issue. Just one of the few if the only one obsessed enough to post and correct the matter. Stay in contact and keep giving me tips, thoughts, and support on this and i will continue to reveal my progress so in future apk releases we can eradicate this dilemma entirely. Thanks again!
-Your friendly Vvardenfell N'wah
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

Here is some stuff to try see if this is working for u ⬇

By mojoswagger1980

someone posted an optimization patch a page or so back. its just new meshes however, but it might make life easier on your gpu. turn the view distance to its lowest setting and try. you can try setting physics to 30 or 15 fps. i really think this is more of a lag fix but maybe. adfitionally try running it on opengles2 or 1 if you already are. hard to guess whats wrong bud. what version of the game are you using (who was it distributed by?)if its the gog or the steam version try and find the original game of the year edition released by bethesda. its a much lighter install as it does not install the cut scenes. alternately its safe to just delete them (.bik files) but the directory structure is different too. i havent had it crash in a while and i play the hell out of this thing . if none of that works drop a message and ill throw some more suggestions. oh switch back to the newest version of the app any improvement you think you got is imagined, the newest version has the most complete graphics library and the updated sdl2 for control. not a bad idea to make to disable oom killer on your device (requires root) and utilize the quick save button before doors that load into a new area til you get it stable and running optimally. check and see if your phones screen refresh rate is listed online. it should be in mhz. make sure your fps setting is no greater than the refresh rate if your refresh rate isnt 60 30 or 15 (mine is 120) err on the side of caution and select the closest fps setting under or equal to your screens refresh rate.

And this ⬇

https://mega.nz/#!AkEFyYKD!viS3vrbqog1P ... Hq_U5ev0zc

super old mod i came across that was intended for original game not openmw, was in the wrong format to work with openmw, but after reading several post on uesp about several mods being succesfully applied to openmw by extracting the .exe, i went ahead and tried extracting and this is what i ended up with. i can confirm it is working as intended and while its noticeable its not ugly or distorted. installation is simple, just drop in "a" (keyword) data-files folder. openmw supports multiple it need not be the main one. you have to manually register additional folders in the openmw.cfg located in /sdcard/android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/config/ or you can just extract them into morrowind directory if you dont care, i already renamed the folder so there are no spaces. This is not my work, i just extracted it and applied it to this scenario. It was originally posted on theelderscrollsmodarchive if you care to find the original. i must have deleted it. if you do not want lower quality audio, omit those folders. best wishes.
Thanks I'll give it a try, I decided to install OpenMw on galaxy S5 and it ran great no issues whatsoever... but screen is so small, so I know the issue is with Kindle fire. I am going to try installing morrowind data files on internal instead of sd card and see if that makes a difference also. Thanks again
[/quote/]
Good move! must have gained 2gbs of ram from that trade. which was going to be an issue with the fire if it wasnt the root cause already.
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

By mojoswagger1980 Always mojoswagger1980 😆

increasing the thread count to 2 in settings.cfg=no load time whatsoever but could conceivably crash the game. not reccomended if you have stability issue in general but if you got a decent device and you managed to find your way to the optimization patch (recommended)and the fixuvrock patch (or somthing similiar theres a few) then give it a whirl. it makes the experience seamless, no pauses just like playing on a console .
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

Ok i do my job 😈 now it is your turn try all the fix that mojoswagger1980 gives and if it is not working try to use the fonction Search in this page ⬇
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4898&hilit=Crash

Search for : crash, cell, load or others stuff you now better then me what do you looking for (crash is in your phone). Hope to have some news and GOOD news not bad keep me in touch.
mojoswagger1980

Zanarkan wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 02:17 Just in case try this settings ⬇

small feature culling = true
small feature culling pixel size = 16.0
exterior cell load distance = 1
preload instances = true
preload cell cache min = 7
preload cell cache max = 7
preload cell expiry delay = 5
prediction time = 1
cache expiry delay = 5
target framerate = 30
pointers cache size = 40
anisotropy = 0
texture mag filter = nearest
texture min filter = nearest
texture mipmap = nearest

Edit : It is very FPS friendly for me hope this can fix your problem.
the pixel culling might be to high, depending on resolution . i lost body segments at 12 running 540x960 and you can set mipmap to none for less cpu impact . the rest is probably dependent on device . i dont preload instances and i didnt lower my preload cache. runs solid 30 fps except when it initially loads a new cell for first time it wil dip a little spikes to 45 inside . minimize on loss of focus set to false allows app to run in background