[SOLVED] - RR Mod Series - Telvanni Lighthouse Tel Vos - CRASH

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
kuyondo

[SOLVED] - RR Mod Series - Telvanni Lighthouse Tel Vos - CRASH

Post by kuyondo »

Can someone test this mod out? https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42744/

And then move to this coordinates-> 115536, 127402, 761.988

ER: As you go closer to the tower, your game will crash

This seemed to be the problem->Warning: out of bounds UV set 0 on TriShape "Tri In_t_lh_02_door_02:4" in meshes/rr/tlv/in_t_lh_02_door_02.nif

Any way to fix this?
kuyondo

Re: [SOLVED] - RR Mod Series - Telvanni Lighthouse Tel Vos - CRASH

Post by kuyondo »

Nevermind, fixed it myself.
Here is the fixed mesh->https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d0Nsj ... Wuv6b6sh-1

Make sure to put it into the right folder, that is, Meshes/rr/tlv
Or extract the .bsa and copy/overwrite as usual.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

OpenMW should not crash, that is a bug, please file a bug report and list what is crashed. Is there a crashlog or anything in the logging aside from the warning?

Workarounds are great, but not the solution. Mods should work as-is, most of the time. Crashes due to mods is something we need to fix.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

psi29a wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 18:55 OpenMW should not crash, that is a bug, please file a bug report and list what is crashed. Is there a crashlog or anything in the logging aside from the warning?
Yes, I only got this.
Warning: out of bounds UV set 0 on TriShape "Tri In_t_lh_02_door_02:4" in meshes/rr/tlv/in_t_lh_02_door_02.nif
OpenMW crashes when UV is set 0. Thats all I know..
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

kuyondo wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 19:13 Warning: out of bounds UV set 0 on TriShape "Tri In_t_lh_02_door_02:4" in meshes/rr/tlv/in_t_lh_02_door_02.nif
This warning should be harmless, it should not cause the crash. Which changes did you do in the buggy NIF file?
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Can you provide a copy of the NIF that causes the crash so we can test?

Do you just mean that it doesn't work in OpenMW or that OpenMW goes "boom"; Crash to Desktop?

A CtD is a bug, OpenMW should _never_ crash on content files... that's the thing we strive to prevent.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

akortunov wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 19:58
kuyondo wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 19:13 Warning: out of bounds UV set 0 on TriShape "Tri In_t_lh_02_door_02:4" in meshes/rr/tlv/in_t_lh_02_door_02.nif
This warning should be harmless, it should not cause the crash. Which changes did you do in the buggy NIF file?
The UV. Set "Num UV Sets" to 1, "Has UV" to Yes, and assign the coordinates of the UV. , that fixes the problem. I experienced no crash after that change in the nif file.

Please download the mod, and try it in your game. Go near the tower. It will crash.
Last edited by kuyondo on 24 Jul 2018, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

You said not CtD, but then later say it crashes? What does OpenMW do exactly? Hang?
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

psi29a wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 21:01 Can you provide a copy of the NIF that causes the crash so we can test?
I guess I can, but to test it you need the .esp file anyway. In other words, you need to play the entire mod to experience the crash. The link is in the first post. Its a custom mesh.
psi29a wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 21:01 Do you just mean that it doesn't work in OpenMW or that OpenMW goes "boom"; Crash to Desktop?
Goes boom baby[CTD]. Shows "OpenMW has stopped working". Im on windows btw.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

Ok, maybe I need to re-clarify this issue a bit.

As soon as I go near the "problem mesh", OpenMW hangs and then shows the "OpenMW has stopped working" message. Do we consider this a "Crash to desktop"?. In any case, its a crash nonetheless.

After fixing the "problem mesh", I did not experience any crash(or hang). So it definitely has something to do with the mesh.